Zwilt
1 (2.2%)
Razzid Wearat
3 (6.7%)
Sawney Rath
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Feles

i remember now, Riggu Felis, wildcat that ruled Green Isle killed by High Rhulain
his death should have been better
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Dippler

I think the two worst deaths were Razzid's and Slagar's.
There are two types of people, those who can finish sentences

rrrrr

Sawney Rath's. His was rather uneventful.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Leatho Shellhound

Out of those listed above, I'd have to say Tsarmina had it the worst. Not only did she die a death she most dreaded but her whole kingdom was being taken from her. And her own confidence and pride shattered by a mouse.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Feles

id vote for Sawney, but ive already used it on Kurda, both were humiliating though
I am Bobracha!

Luftwaffles

Slegar's death was downright pathetic (in the TV series) and Cluny's was a little weak.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Banya

Gabool's death wins for me in both meanings of "worst." 
My opinion may be changed as I re-read the books.  I'm finding I'm developing a different opinion of each book now than I had created when I was younger.

Gabool's death
As far has having a lame, cheap death: he was killed by his pet scorpion, and worse, it was predictable.  The only thing satisfying about it was that Skrabblag was able to have his revenge.  Mariel was cheated of the revenge she deserved, though this fits into a pattern in the earliest books of the villains being defeated more by bad luck and their own actions than by the mouse protagonists. 
Gabool's death also wins for worst (i.e. most violent/unpleasant) because he was, well, killed by a giant scorpion.
[close]
[/font]

JangoCoolguy

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 16, 2015, 03:36:38 AM
Slegar's death was downright pathetic (in the TV series)

That's how it was in the book too

Luftwaffles

Quote from: JangoCoolguy on May 16, 2015, 04:58:12 AM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 16, 2015, 03:36:38 AM
Slegar's death was downright pathetic (in the TV series)

That's how it was in the book too

Somehow, I was expecting it. Oh well, I think that I'm going to skip "Mattimeo" entirely, then.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Gonff the Mousethief

Mattimeo was a good sequel to Redwall, and has many different elements from the series. The show never could really get the emotion and power from the books.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Feles

I am Bobracha!

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Feles

not really, it sold to kids but it was more for teens and young adults, think of the Rouge Crew or Salamadastron (I can name so many more), and while the books the show did actually show were less brutal, there was plenty of things in the book that kids show could never replicate for being to graphic
I am Bobracha!

Banya

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 16, 2015, 05:08:05 AM
Somehow, I was expecting it. Oh well, I think that I'm going to skip "Mattimeo" entirely, then.

You're not doing justice to the book if you judge it by the show that was based on it.  Just as the majority of books are superior to their film counterparts, so was this book to its show.  The vibe I've gotten generally is that it's not a favourite, but I remember reading it for the first time on a camping trip, and I couldn't put it down.  That's how nearly all the series has been for me.  In addition, this book's got stiff competition for a position on anyone's favourites list against 21 other books that were each riveting and incredible in different ways.  If you're going to continue to judge the characters, deaths, action, and other elements of the story, give the book a chance.

James Gryphon

Mattimeo was the perfect sequel to Redwall. It's less formulaic than many of the later books in the series, and I feel it inspires the imagination more than a lot of the ones that came later. The fact that Slagar died the death of a fool, I think, adds to its appeal. He spent his entire life running and trusting in his imagined wits and actual luck to escape; well, that time it didn't work. I'm not sure how it could have gone any better -- he's not a fighter, so it doesn't make sense to have somebody kill him.

I read The Rogue Crew the other day, after putting it off for over a month. In many ways it was a classic. The end for the allegedly fearsome Razzid Wearat was more than a little anticlimatic, though. An otter hit him over the head with a club and he dies. I already knew how he died before I read the book, and I was still left thinking, "That's it?" I guess not everybody can have a dramatic death, though, and it's not like Razzid ever did anything before that to impress me in terms of combat skills.
« Subject to editing »