News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Post here, and I (Corny) give you a fancy outfit! :D

Started by Cornflower MM, May 26, 2014, 05:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

It was the equivalent of having a Ferrari or Lamborghini.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rusvul

Jetthebinturong

Ooh that's a 3, if only it didn't have those things on the cuffs
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on May 28, 2014, 07:32:35 PM
Yes. In a demolition derby.
More often than naught, it was for show; like showing off your epic car.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Aye. Most knights wore simpler field plate in battle. Those wre mostly for jousts, tournaments, ceremonies, stuff like that... It was like the midieval equivalent of an exceedingly fancy expensive suit.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Jukka the Sling

Hey Corny, could I have something pale yellow? A dress, preferably. But nothing sleeveless or shorter than knee-length. ;)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Rusvul

I am aware; what I intended to communicate there was that that sort of armor was used for formal occasions, basically exactly what you just said. I just didn't communicate it as well. ;)

Cornflower MM

Good grief Jet! You're hard to please!

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 28, 2014, 06:33:03 PM
Full plate armor is fancy and nice. Have you ever seen german armor in the gothic style from the 15th century? It is insanely ornate. And expensive. And fancy and nice.

Ask Skarzs if you don't believe me... or google it.

Wylder, either say a color, or leave the topic. I'm NOT spending my valuable CPU time looking for pictures of ARMOR! Nope, nada, not happening, no way hosay.

Jukka!
Right, pale yellow, not sleeveless, and longer than knee-length? Coming right up!

That one was fun to find!
[close]

Jet! Again!
You know, you're the only guy I know who actually likes suits. Okay, Mr. Picky, yet another suit coming right up!

Is THIS one right?
[close]

Rainshadow

I'd rate the dress a four, but I have to dock 1.5 points for the see-through top.  So... 2.5.

Mmkay, how 'bout something blue?  Dark navy blue or sea blue, perhaps?
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Jetthebinturong

Better than the last two but it's a bit boring 3.5
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Rusvul

Your.. valuable... Central Processing Unit... time?

Wylder Treejumper

Fine! You force my hand. Something in Paladin's White and Saphire Blue should just about cut it.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Kitsune

Russa Nodrey

Freddy