News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

is peach a citrus

Started by rakkety tam, August 24, 2011, 04:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

is peach a citrus

of course it is
what your crazy no it isnt

rakkety tam

ok i'm confused is it a citrus(just be silly about it but realy whats your opinon)
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

James Gryphon

Contrary to common claims, a peach is in fact a citrus.

It is said that characteristics of citrus fruits is that they are sour, and that they have many seeds, rather than just one, and that they are divided into segments, and that somehow this prohibits the peach from qualifying as a citrus. However, think about this: Oranges, grapefruits, lemons, etc. do not sell as well and are not as popular as peaches. Thus, it stands to reason that they would be prejudiced against the common peach and try to invent excuses to keep it from getting into the roster. This is not at all a scientific motivation; rather it is clearly part of a conspiracy against peaches.

We know that the peach is a citrus fruit because it is juicy. As my good friends the Yeti, Bigfoot, and the Loch Ness Monster can attest, "Cit" is the ancient Atlantean word for "water", and "rus" means "full of". Thus, "citrus" means "full of water".

We see this is accurate because neither apples nor bananas are citrus fruits, and they aren't full of water. Peaches, like oranges and watermelons, are both.

Hence, yes, the peach clearly is a citrus fruit.

(P.S.: None of this, except for the description of citrus fruit characteristics, is true.)
« Subject to editing »

Skalrag of Marshank

Oh. I did not know that.

I learned something cool! Something cool today! I learned it upside down and inside out! I learned all about...Peaches! ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

James Gryphon

Just in case there's any confusion, I was just kidding around. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Skalrag of Marshank

WHAT?! OK., never mind, than...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

James Gryphon

The bits about fruits being prejudiced, the conspiracy, mythical creatures, and "citrus" being an Atlantis word for "full of water" were intended to kind of tip people off. ;)
« Subject to editing »

DanielofRedwall

Shouldn't this go in the Cellars?
Received mostly negative reviews.

rakkety tam

realy i thought it would go here

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Lily

I'm guessing this isn't for serious discussion since the original post said to "just be silly about it" so I moved it to the cellars.

DanielofRedwall

Hahaha, James, that's hilarious!

rakkety tam

Quote from: Lily on August 27, 2011, 04:52:09 PM
I'm guessing this isn't for serious discussion since the original post said to "just be silly about it" so I moved it to the cellars.
oh i thought cavern hole was the silly one my bad

Lily

Quote from: rakkety tams 1 fan on August 29, 2011, 04:09:33 AM
Quote from: Lily on August 27, 2011, 04:52:09 PM
oh i thought cavern hole was the silly one my bad

No worries, we all make mistakes!

By the way, I don't think peaches are a citrus.

rakkety tam

actualy i looked it up and it is

Lily

Really? Where did you look it up?

DanielofRedwall

You can't always trust wikipedia... ;)