The Guosim

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 27, 2016, 02:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

I like that idea.
There was a book about the Long Patrol (and it was convinently titled that), so I think a Guosim book would be just fine if not better because of the shrews' more tolerable personalities.

Luftwaffles

I honestly ADORE the Gousim.

The way they can't be quiet for more than five minutes and how easily they jump to conclusions (and weapons) is just a delight... and I think they add a lot to the story that way. They made the part with Captain Snow bearable for me.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Ashleg

Okay, question:
Why is the main shrew from the first book actually named Guosim? She's Guosim of the Guosim and I don't understand.

Hickory

Because Brian was lazy as didn't know a better name. Perhaps he meant it as an early form of Log-a-log - a title for the leader.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Except that he had Log-a-log in there as well. . .

Speaking of Log-a-log, what kind of a war cry is that? Redwall, Salamandastron, Eulalia, victory, freedom. . . those all can make you want to fight if you yell them to the winds. But go "logalogalogalog". It just doesn't work.
Maybe if it were "log-a-looooooog", with an empasis on the last vowel, it would sound better, but repeating that short word (a-log) isn't as intimidating or inspiring.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

Oh, I don't know, I can see it being somewhat intimidating in a tribal way. The repetition probably gets the shrews properly psyched up an' all.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

LT Sandpaw

Quote from: Skarzs on April 02, 2017, 03:03:23 PM
Except that he had Log-a-log in there as well. . .

Speaking of Log-a-log, what kind of a war cry is that? Redwall, Salamandastron, Eulalia, victory, freedom. . . those all can make you want to fight if you yell them to the winds. But go "logalogalogalog". It just doesn't work.
Maybe if it were "log-a-looooooog", with an empasis on the last vowel, it would sound better, but repeating that short word (a-log) isn't as intimidating or inspiring.

Its like the Indian battle cry in a way, which according to history can be very intimidating.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Tiria Wildlough

The Guosim were great! It would have been awesome if there had been a book about them.
I really liked how they would always argue/debate about things.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Granitfur

Quote from: alexandre on January 09, 2017, 03:38:25 PM
evil he may have been, but that song about him is so awesome...

I totally agree! Then again, most Redwall songs are awesome!

Granitfur

Quote from: Ashleg on March 17, 2017, 10:00:50 PM
I like that idea.
There was a book about the Long Patrol (and it was convinently titled that), so I think a Guosim book would be just fine if not better because of the shrews' more tolerable personalities.

If there was a 23rd Redwall book and I got to create a name for it, it would be called Guosim.

The Skarzs

Sounds like you like the Guosim a lot. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Granitfur

What's not to like about (most of) them?!

The Skarzs

They're not really my favorite group in Redwall. Can't really place exactly why.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Granitfur

Why is Guosim pronounced Gowsym instead of Gwosym, like it looks?

Delthion

I've always pronounced it Goosym, even though I know it's wrong. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.