News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Awesome Pictures

Started by Jukka the Sling, January 30, 2016, 11:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Because we need a thread for cool and all-around awesome pictures.  Funny ones go in the other thread.

Prepare for a Silmarillion art dump.

Spoiler

Maedhros and Maglor.

Galadriel and her brothers.  (According to the Silmarillion, she had four, but later on Christopher Tolkien mentioned that Orodreth wasn't actually meant to be her brother according to Tolkien's final intent, so...)

Maedhros and Maglor.

Maedhros.

Maedhros.

Tuor and Voronwe.

Feanor and Nerdanel.

Maglor.

[close]

As you might have guessed, I'm irrevocably obsessed with Maedhros (and to a lesser extent, Maglor), 'cause he's one of the most tragic and amazing characters in the history of ever and you are seriously missing out on so much awesome if you don't read the Silmarillion.  *catches breath*

Post away!
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

I still haven't touched the Silmarillion book.

http://gtgraphics.de/en/wallpapers/daylight
This is my brother's screen saver. (Most of the wallpapers on that site are amazing.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Touch it!

That wallpaper is stunning.

My current wallpaper:

Maedhros and Maglor... what else?

[close]
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

Perifaen

"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile and finds in your presence that life is worth while. So when you are lonely, remember it's true, somebody somewhere is thinking of you :)" I don't know who wrote this but I really like it.

Jetthebinturong

So Cassandra Jean did this thing matching Shadowhunter Chronicles to the Seven Vices and Virtues.

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Kitsune

Those are really cool, Jet.

All of these are awesome. ^^

Jetthebinturong

What I think would have been interesting is if Cassie had represented one of the Vices with a protagonist, and one of the Virtues with an antagonist.

More Cassandra Jean art. Based on the Victorian language of flowers.
Spoiler

[close]

Jetthebinturong

REVIVE.

This poster for City of Heavenly Fire is just amazing.

I just love the way Cassandra Jean draws Alec.

Look at that lovely fire.

Sadness.

And more sadness.

Disturbingness.

Drama.

Jace and Jem. This was a sweet scene, but kind of bittersweet.

Luke, Raphael and Magnus in Sebastian's prison. Love the facial expressions.

FACIAL. EXPRESSIONS.

SHC boys. From top left going clockwise: James Herondale, Jace Lightwood, Will Herondale, Jaime Rosales, Julian Blackthorn, Mark Blackthorn, Jem Carstairs, Matthew Fairchild, Magnus Bane, Alec Lightwood, Raphael Santiago and Simon Lewis.

Jace vs Sebastian in a Pokémon battle. I would have pegged Jace as more of a Charmeleon guy. Probably because of the Heavenly Fire.

Raphael after first becoming a vampire; he's contemplating jumping into sunlight. Saving Raphael Santiago was such a great story.

Michael Wayland and Robert Lightwood. Robert looks so grumpy its adorable. But also kind of sad considering how despicable Robert was to Michael later in life.

Herondales with Parabatai, plus Jonathan Shadowhunter. Valentine and Stephen weren't strictly Parabatai but after Luke left, Stephen became Valentine's right hand man.

Immortals mourning lost loved ones. This picture was uncalled for. I wish she'd put Magnus on the other side of Tessa so that he'd be next to the Lightwood tomb.

The Last Spring

The Dark Summer

The Mortal Autumn

The Infernal Winter

Sadness.

The main cast of TMI. This is adorable. Look at Jordan trying to climb her arm.

Pretty much. Wow her style for drawing Jace has changed.

TMI's bro trio. Is it weird that Jace is my least favourite of the three?

Ooh, creepy!

Ithuriel's appearance in CP2 is one of the most awesome scenes in fiction.

Jem in bed always implies something terrible.

WHY CAN I NOT REMEMBER THE NAME OF WILL'S HORSE?

LADY MIDNIGHT TEASERS! UNDERWATER FIGHTING!

TY! WHO IS HE FIGHTING?

JOHNNY ROOK LOOKS LIKE A TOTAL BOSS! I NEED THIS BOOK!

Lady Ashenwyte

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Shame the picture's too big. How do I resize it?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

After the img in the code thing, do width={Pixels} height={Pixels}
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

@Jet the binturong:  Would you mind putting posts with lots of images in spoilers?  It's kinda troublesome when I scroll down to the bottom but then images keep on loading and bumping the page back up.

@Skarzs:  Lol!