News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Dotti's Oodles of Doodles (2.0)

Started by Dotti Dillworthy, March 10, 2016, 04:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU DRAW A VERMIN! Princess Kurda is amazing!!!

Dotti Dillworthy

Long time no see chaps! It's Tiria in watercolours!

The Witessss

the wwwiiiiiitttttttteeeeessssssss!

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

The Witessss

personally I think your Pikkle and Mara is absolutely awesome! ..by the way, I'm Wite, nice to meet you!

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: The Witessss on March 21, 2019, 05:21:49 PM
personally I think your Pikkle and Mara is absolutely awesome! ..by the way, I'm Wite, nice to meet you!
Thanks! It's been a long time since I drew them! :D
And nice to meet you too Wite! :)

The Witessss

I was looking at your video a couple weeks ago and thought it was so cool how you make them. Quick Question: do you just color the people (animals) or do you draw the person (animal) too?

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: The Witessss on March 21, 2019, 06:29:36 PM
I was looking at your video a couple weeks ago and thought it was so cool how you make them. Quick Question: do you just color the people (animals) or do you draw the person (animal) too?
Both! I'm quite good at those! :)
And oh yes, this is my first attempt at vlogging my drawing process :)

The Witessss

do you only draw (paint, watercolor) on the computer?

Dotti Dillworthy

Quote from: The Witessss on March 21, 2019, 06:34:10 PM
do you only draw (paint, watercolor) on the computer?
Sometimes traditional watercolour, sometimes digital art; it all depends on the artwork I'm creating :)

The Witessss

that's great for you, I can't do art very well but I haven't tried digital yet!

The Grey Coincidence

I've never understood digital art at all...
Nice doodles.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Dannflower Reguba

That's an actual painting right? Water color can be really tricky to blend safely, that's honestly more impressive than some of the more well "defined" images. Kurda turned out well, though the blue seems to command the image a bit too sharply. Out of curiosity, why did you choose a blue so bright?

Quote from: The Grey Coincidence on March 22, 2019, 05:43:31 AM
I've never understood digital art at all...
Nice doodles.
Digital Art is made by using a special kind of tablet (typically made by Wacom, thus, generally referred to as Wacom tablets). When using the associated pen, the tablet can be set to recognize parameters such as pressure, direction, sweep, angle, and so on in order to simulate actual painting or drawing. Nice thing about that is you can keep multiple save states of the same image in a single file which makes changing the image rather easy (at least by comparison). Speaking of which, which program do you use Dotti? It looked a little bit like Gimp.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This