News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What's your favorite Redwall song?

Started by Ashleg, April 18, 2016, 02:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Well, he was a singer at one time, I believe, so he must have had a knack for it.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Eulaliaaa!

^
That last song... yep, Redwall is definitely a little kids book  ;D
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Eulaliaaa!

I have found one of my new favorites!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Rosie Willowwater

Eulaliaaa!

That's cool  ;D

Seriously, I cannot get If You Dare out of my head. I've listened to it four times already! ;D

Dotti Dillworthy

Same here, those intimidating lyrics sung by Russa to the vermin make "If You Dare" my cup of tea.
Some of my faves in random order:

Hickory

I forgot about the Awkward Squad. That sounds about right...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

I liked Awkward Squad and Hop Hop Hop.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

belle

I'm not crazy about most of Brian Jacques' songs, even though he was an excellent poet, but there are some I love. "Goodbye, My Friends, and Thank You" from Martin the Warrior was one I heard in the audiobook and loved as a kid. Now I still like the song itself alot, but wish the singer was a bit better.
Another one that's absolutely beautiful is one I've never heard put to music from the book Eulalia.
"Let me wander here forever through the glades where once I played / Long ago in carefree seasons mid the noontide sun and shade. I will see again before me all those smiling friends I knew / Gone alas to memory's keeping, faithful comrades good and true. Oh, those days of youth and splendor, when we dreamed of glorious war / Vows were made to keep forever, and return back here once more. Then the clouds began to gather, winter came, we marched away / Singing songs of love and valor, off we marched into the fray. Comes a warrior returning through old autumn's gold clad trees / And the leaves do fall like teardrops on the gently sighing breeze. Casting sword and shield aside now, I stand weary and forlorn / In the silence of the woodlands, I shall rest until the dawn. Let me sleep and dream forever of those golden days of yore / And those brave and faithful comrades who'll return alas no more."

May Budding

There are so many wonderful songs. :) But a few of my favourites are the Rose Song from Loamhedge, Goodnight from Mariel of Redwall, Ladies from Loamhedge and Hog Stamp Paw Clap (Don't know if that's really the name) from The Legend of Luke I think it is.

Delthion

Mine is "What a Hard and Terrible Life" sung by Wonwill in Rakkety Tam.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

alexandre

Spoiler
A nice comical ditty, Triss was by far not the best Redwall book but in my opinion it had one of the best overall quality of songs,
this being a perfect example, another one would be "Education"
[close]
Spoiler
I really like the way this song flows, it's sort of gentle, even dreamy
[close]
Spoiler
This one I especially like because of the catchy chord progression
[close]

I also like "Over the Hills" from The Long Patrol

Quote from: Delthion on August 12, 2017, 05:37:42 AM
Mine is "What a Hard and Terrible Life" sung by Wonwill in Rakkety Tam.
Spoiler
Is this the one you are talking about?
[close]
Why they try to tear the mountains down to bring in a couple more
More people, more scars upon the land

~ John Denver

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

~ John Prine

KoudoawaiaVortex

To be honest, I usually skip reading the songs but I do believe I like that gory rendition Kite Slayer sang in Rogue Crew and the reactions she got from the hares for it. XP Shame she was interrupted for their commentary.

Maudie

Oh, Rakkety Rakkety Rakkety Tam
The drums are beatin braw
Rakkety Rakkety Rakkety Tam
Are ye marching off tae war?

A warrior from the borders came
A buckler o'er his shoulder
A claymore swinging at his side
There's no beast who is bolder

Oh Rakkety Tam has sold his sword
Ah scarce believe he's done it
He swore an oath untae a fool
Who took his pledge upon it

I love that one. I think Rakkety Tam has some of the best songs in the whole series.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3