News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What's your favorite Redwall song?

Started by Ashleg, April 18, 2016, 02:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

There's no audiobook for Rogue Crew, is there?
I loved Jiboree's song towards the end of the book.

MeadowR

Ahh, I'm not the only person who skims through the songs, then! Sometimes I make myself read them, and even find them decent, but I dunno... I just have a short attention span for reading songs in books for some reason. Was the same for Tolkien's novels.

I'm really curious to hear the audio versions being posted here, though. Listening to the songs I do have the attention span for! Must have a listen through soon. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Ashleg

I usually just read vermin songs and otter songs and the songs that are meant after a character has died. The rest I just skim. Because we all know hares are hungry, 5,700 songs about it gets old.

Krantor the Brutal

I like the song: Rakkety Tam in the the book with the same title.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

The Skarzs

Ah yes.
His name precedes him. :P

And welcome to the forum!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

My favourite song is in Mattimeo. I still remember it, having memorized it 15 years ago, but I don't remember the scene in which it was sung or even who sang it. That's not helpful at all, but the lyrics play through my mind now and then. Back when I was little, I'd try to sing aloud every song I came across in the books.
I also have a favourite battle song but heck if I remember which book it's from. I'd know it if I saw it.

Though there's nothing sentimental or celebratory about them, I really enjoy the songs that Keyla sang in Martin the Warrior to Rose to help Brome, Martin, and Felldoh escape. They're simply hilarious.

Ashleg

So you were memorizing songs from novels when I was just being born................

Maudie

Ooh! Another one of my favorites was the one sung by the little hedgehog in Taggerung. Lemme see if I can remember it...

Oh, welcome to the feast you beast
I hope you trip and fall
I've got a fat grandpa (ha ha ha)
He'll probably eat it all!
The lark defends his feathery chest
The sun has sunk into his vest
If you don't bathe before too long
There'll be an awful pong!
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Scott McLamok

I got so much favourite's I like otter clan war song from (high rulain) rakkety tam theme if you dare (long patrol) walla walla (rakkety tam) etc
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Ashleg

SoranMBane

It's been a long time since I read The Long Patrol, but while I was looking through some of the Redwall audiobook songs on Youtube, I ended up falling in love with this one:

Really gets to the core of what's so appealing about Redwall.

Granitfur

Quote from: SoranMBane on November 26, 2017, 08:13:33 PM
It's been a long time since I read The Long Patrol, but while I was looking through some of the Redwall audiobook songs on Youtube, I ended up falling in love with this one:

Really gets to the core of what's so appealing about Redwall.

The person who said that it is what it is like to read a Redwall book was correct. I love this song.

Sebias of Redwall

My favorite was probably the one at the end of Marlfox. The one about how the bee stung the hare.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Keldor

How about The Slaughter of the Crew of the Rusty Chain, from The Bellmaker?  After all, what's not to love about a truely gruesome searat shanty?  It's only a pity the Redwallers shut Slipp and Blaggut up before they could finish.

Spoiler
Whoa, the Cap'n of the Rusty Chain,
Ain't feelin' much surprise,
'E's deadr'n a duck on the ocean floor
While the fish nibble out 'is eyes.
An' the crew of the Rusty Chain,
Ain't feelin' too much pain,
O y'can't wipe yer nose when yer 'eads chopped off,
An' they'll never see their tails again ...

O the boatswain's got a spear in 'is liver,
An' the mate's got a spear through 'is throat,
An' they're usin' the fat off an' ole searat,
To set alight to the boat.

O they carved off the lookout's ears,
An' stuffed em up 'is no–
[close]

Pearls of Lutra also had some good vermin songs.