News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Moral Dilemma

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 26, 2016, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

Katie heard a voice and turned to see Ellisar walking up towards him. "Not much actually, although my family must be worried sick by now." Katie froze as she thought of her parents. She was determined to not to let Ellisar notice her fall apart and she took many deep breaths and turned towards him again. "I imagine you don't have much to loose coming down here do you?" Katie said hoarsely, restraining her tears.

Faiyloe

Krain glanced between Katie and Ellisar. He maintained his silence but his brow was knotted with unconscious worry. When he saw that Kattie was on the verge of tears he finally spoke up. "We'll get out, I promise, we'll find a way he said. He was about to place a paw on her shoulder but then thought better of it and folded them in his lap.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Milady Scribe

"What do you want?"

Nora stopped in her tracks as the mole whirled on her. She suppressed a sigh--unfortunately, even now there was still a stigma surrounding the unfortunately labeled 'vermin' species. Oh, well.

"An introduction, I suppose," she said with a tentative smile. "My name is Nora. I've been here a few months, but haven't seen you before. When did you arrive?"

Hopefully his unfriendliness would not persist. If it did, however, she'd be on her way. No point in causing a fuss over somebeast who didn't give a fig about her...especially if it meant getting noticed by the guards again.
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Hickory

OOC: Scribe: HTML doesn't work here. Use brackets instead.

[i] [/i]
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lord Daskar

"I'm Gurtun Soilmover and I've been here for four or five months. Any thing else?" he said, scowling.
When work gets overwhelming, remember that you are going to die. -A Coffee Cup

Be silent, or let thy words be more than silence.

Cheerful
Main Entry:   cheer·ful
Function: Adjective.
1 a : full of good spirits <a cheerful outlook> <cheerful obedience>

Ares saves not the brave man but the coward.

Milady Scribe

((OOC: Thank you, Sagetip. Heh, I was a little out of it when I wrote that post...))

Nora's smile faltered. His attitude certainly hadn't improved with the wildcat's attempt at friendly conversation. She shook her head, somewhat sadly. "No. I won't trouble you any further, Mister Soilmover. My sincere apologies for disturbing you." With a polite nod, she turned to head back to the common area.
"This song, as all of our songs, has nothing whatever to do with squirrels." -Darby O'Gill

Favorite trenchcoated characters: Castiel, Lt. Columbo, Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, The Doctor, Harry Dresden, Sherlock Holmes

Fatch of Southsward

Ellisar shook his head.

"Nope. Like I said earlier, pal, it's better not to have people you care about, or who care about you. That way, if something like this happens, everyone can still be happy. But your friend is right, we'll find a way out of here. Heck, I'll reckon this is just a place they hold us. They'll have some sort of plan. The King's a goodbeast, he can't be behind anything too bad. I'll bet this turns out to be a good thing. Maybe we'll all be promoted. You'll be a princess, no doubt. I'll bet that's right - this isn't such a bad place anyway. I've been in a few prisons worse than this one."

He grinned ruefully - "When I was young, I climbed all the way up to the top of the great King's tower. It was so high up, the wind was buffeting me around and I nearly fell about a dozen times." He hesitated, shaking his head slightly - "It was stupid. But they threw me into a really nasty dungeon. No straw, hardly any food. Thank goodness I was just a kid - might never have made it out of there."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Faiyloe

Krain looked at Ellsar eyes wide and mouth slightly ajar "You climbed to the top of the King's tower!?... my dad took me to see it when I was little, it was... Why?" He said shaking his head.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I'm thinking something needs to happen to keep this RP going.

IC:

Resting alone Pyrin flicked a small pebble up, catching it and throwing it again. Life in prison could be boring, and tiny moments of adrenaline only blocked out the dull for so long. He rolled over seeking out the squirrel Ellisar. He was with an unknown otter and the hedgehog Kaite at the moment. Sighing he flipped onto his stomach, eyeing a mouse, Warder or something.
"Hoy mate, mousie, fancy a game o' chance?" He spat on the pebble holding it up for Warder to see. "Dry I win, wet ye lose eh? 'Ow's ye luck?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Hickory

The mouse eyed Pyrin. "Sure, why not," he said. "Your go."

LT Sandpaw

"Nah, th' stakes are too low mate," Pyrin needled, he slipped a paw into his tunic pocket and revealed a small bottle, winking and hiding it again. "I've been savin' this for me'self, but mayhap if'n ye luck is lucky it'll be for ye. Wot'cha got eh?"

Dannflower Reguba

Without any prior warning, a vibration rippled throughout the entire enclosure, followed closely by a violent rumbling caused by an unseen, but extremely loud explosion in the mystery above. The sound filled the room, leaving it's eerie echos and a slight ringing in the ears of the beasts imprisoned within. The room itself felt like it was shifting on an axis in the center, blocks shifted, a few arches collapsed, and nothing was left undisturbed. As the chaos subsided with the resting of the dust clouds and fade of the explosion, a new sound, that of leather boots hitting the staircase and frenzied chatter, soon reached the ears of the prisoners. It wasn't long before one of the guards from mere moments ago bolted smack dab into the gate, nearly falling back onto the self-important mouse that had been with him. The mouse uttered something rather crude at the guard as he shoved him out of the way to get to the locked gate. His panicked hands fumbled with the key a time or two before he could get it into the lock, urgency on the tongue of guard. This urgency died suddenly as the guard turned around... Despite the fact that nobeast could see his face, the sudden loss of hope, the fear, and the dread were apparent to all as the beast collapsed in surrender to his fate. The mouse with the key just managed to open the bar door and was about to fling himself into the cage when a roar from up the stairs screamed down the stone steps in a wave of engulfing flames. The fire died with a flare at the doorway, instantly making the entire living space hotter than a desert sun, but only for a moment. When the flash disappeared, the doorway was a mess, the very stone itself was distorted and smoking. The only traces of the two beasts were a cloud of ash straight across from the entrance, spattered viciously on the wall along with a few shards of blackened bones, and liquid metal that was now solidifying on the wall they had spattered on. The smoking stairs suddenly ceased to billow, the heat seemingly drawn above, quickly followed by the sound of slow steps pattering their own way down... A figure appeared in the now gaping hole, a familiar one at that, it was Besch the otter.... But this time, he was holding a rather large hammer nonchalantly over his left shoulder, both of his forearms glowed with a burning light, as did his shins, feet, rudder, and eyes. The hammer was a rather normal war hammer, though veins of reddish-yellow flowed through it from head to shaft. Beschuss strode partway into the room, and glimpsed at the minuscule remainders of their captors before addressing the mass of beasts with a powerful and serious tone, "Well then, who's ready to leave?"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Hickory

Warder stared wide eyed at the otter, forgetting the flask Pyrin had offered him. At a loss for words, he quickly recovered. Scrambling up towards the cell doors, the mouse got a better look at the hammer. "Nice whacker you got there," he commented. "So yeah, why don't you chop off that lock?"

OOC: Danflorreguba, making his characters like Dannflor Reguba.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I'm just imagining the panic and confusion that would be going on after something like that. By the way, magic seems very powerful.

IC:

He was about to speak, to shout, to yell out a clever pun when a large stone fell from the crumbling roof clouting him on the back of the head. Pyrin fell forward stunned, one of his large front teeth chipping off as he hit the stone floor. A few other small stones fell, having equally devastating effect in the crowded common.

Picking himself up, Pyrin shakily stood, his vision blurred. "Ah, 'ow's the blackguard 'oo got me?" He asked Warder in a confused tone as he clutched the back of his head. "I'll teach th' blighter a lesson, ouch."

Hickory

"Dunno," replied Warder, not looking. "Why don't you look?