News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The 'New Posts' symbol

Started by Cornflower MM, October 01, 2016, 03:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Okay, does anyone else find it extremely annoying that the New Posts blue diamond on the board index refuses to go away until, say, (We'll use Front Lawns for this example) you've looked in the Front Lawns itself, and the Happy Birthdays and The Orchard? Same with any board with a sub-board. It wasn't this way for a while, but a little while ago it changed and it's driving me batty. Since I really don't have anything to do with the Happy Birthdays, The Front Lawns diamond is almost always blue for me. So I keep thinking there's new posts and clicking (Because that's likely my favorite board) and it's really frustrating.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone actually like it?

Søren

I usually click it from the Index. It shows me all the unread posts from that board. If there aren't any (even if it's blue it sometimes doesn't show new ones), or if I'm not interested in them, I just click "Mark As Read" and it turns black.

I'm retired from the forum

Hickory

There;s an option in Look and Layout settings (I think) that allows you to block boards, and it won't turn the diamond blue.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

I know what you mean and it bugs me too. I won't use the "mark all as read" button, though, because I like going into the sub-boards at other times and knowing what I've actually read and what I haven't.

Aimless Gallivanter

i basically just completely ignore the home page and the blue diamond and all that, i just use the "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit" link at the very top of the page next my profile picture.  So i don't need to worry about the diamonds at all, see?
im gay!!!!!!