News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Survive the Crimson Sunrise II

Started by Eulaliaaa!, December 27, 2016, 06:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

This is a survival roleplaying game. It's a mixture of Overlord's Orders, Roleplaying and Mafia.

A new day dawned, with one of the most beautiful sunrises of all time. Light red spread across the wispy clouds. It was yet another day in the bustling world. However, all was not exactly as it had been.

As the age old saying goes - "Red at night, sailor's delight. Red in the morning, sailors take warning!"

This violently red morning was one to especially take warning of. A terrible disease had been spreading throughout humanity, and that crimson morning was the final day that civilization would exist. The disease warped, changed and ruined its hosts. It created monsters - zombies - dead men walking, who would stop at nothing to eat and kill - creating more of themselves. The police were powerless, not realizing that only a head shot would stop these monsters. Millions of people each day became one of them, and soon only ragged groups of survivors remained.

One group of survivors had something in common. They were from all parts of the world, but had been vacationing in Colorado. Now they found themselves trekking through mountainous terrain and small, abandoned cities. They were well armed and well supplied. If anyone could survive, they could. But little did they know, the next couple weeks would be filled with danger and death.

WELCOME, to the second round of "Survive The Crimson Sunrise." There is only one goal: Survive, in any way you can. And there's an infinite amount of possibilities. Creative players will last longer in new ways, and less active or blundering players will surely wish they had done better.

The game will be fast paced and will continue until only one or two people remain.

RULES:

The Host: This is me, and the host will change after each round, with the sole survivor of the previous round hosting the next one. The host is responsible with keeping the game flowing, killing off characters and controlling a wide variety of things from weather to zombies to humans not represented by forum members. Forum members will die periodically

The Players: Forum member players are responsible for their own safety. They could be killed off at any point and in any way, and have two major things to deal with. One - elemental safety. They need to make sure they are safe from the environment and zombies. The best way to do this is to set up a base with some sort of safety contraption - walls, tin cans to warn of zombies. The more creative and efficient the defense, the more likely they are to survive. Their other main concern is other players. Players can plot against one another and kill each other off. If someone is murdered, the group can decide to kick the one they deem responsible out. A player can leave the main group at any time if they are worried about the other group members. Alone, however, environmental risks are greater.

Food and supplies: This game is all about coming up with clever new ways to survive. For this reason, you are all well supplied. Anything you think you would have with you, you can use. String, tins cans, bullets. anything. Be warned, the use of ammunition excessively will result in running out of ammo - which the host can decide will happen at any point. Try using melee weapons instead. You will only need food when the narrator says so. They will provide a nearby location for you to loot. This will force separate groups to converge on one location. Then they can fight, ignore each other or run away. If a group does not scavenge for food when necessary all the members may well die. (Anything can happen!)

Environment: I want you to live through this apocalypse however you want to! If you want to hole up in an old school - do it! The environment, old buildings and surroundings (forests, rivers, mountains) are all within your control! If you hole up in a building it will be easier to defend, but there will be more zombies. If you hole up in the forest it will be harder to defend, but there will be fewer zombies. If players are in a group together, they need to agree upon their surroundings - you can't live in a cave and in the middle of a city at the same time! Also, if you simply write "We found a castle with mounted machine guns" The host will likely force you to edit that post. Think realistic please.

Murder: This is the most fun aspect of the game. You can kill anyone, anytime. It could be in your best interest, as it moves you closer to being the last survivor. You could also be a team player, and hope that in return no one will attempt to kill you or suspect you. To murder someone, simply send the host a Private Message detailing how you plan to murder this person. The more elaborate and innovative your plan, the more likely it is to succeed. If you plan to kill an active player, you will be less likely to succeed. Less active players are easier to kill. The host will write in how the death occurs. If Billy sends me a private message that he plans to kill Tommy at night with a knife, the host will start the next morning detailing how the group discovers Billy dead, with a bloody knife on the ground next to him. If Tommy plans to push Billy into the zombies, the host will detail how Billy suddenly stumbles and falls headlong into the zombies. The surviving players may catch the murderer in the act, or suspect someone. They must decide as a group if they want to execute someone, send them away on their own, or do something else. Just talk about it and decide - you can do anything!

Sanity: Every time you kill someone your sanity will go down. If you murder them, especially. A great strategy is to act nice and part of the team, while killing people off like a crazy person. However, if you kill too many people, the host can decide that you are insane, or evil. They will then send you a PM, telling you that you can no longer be nice often to other players, or that you must show some sort of aggression on a zombie. This is why you want to be careful when you do things not morally right.

Characters: Forum members can submit their own characters. The host may be looking for a specific combination. For example, a little girl character would not have any skills, but would boost the group's Sanity. If she were to be killed, this would deeply hurt the group's sanity. A strong male character would make the place safe and can deal with zombies. A nurse character would not be able to fight zombies well, but could cure diseased or injured survivors.

Going off on your own or splitting up If the group seems to be crumbling, or quarreling, you can decide to leave the group. You can even talk with other survivors secretly over PMs about leaving and forming your own group. When there are two or more different groups the host will make different things happen to each group. Both groups can attack one another or attempt to steal supplies. They will run into each other again, because the host will force everyone to loot the same supermarket for food or something similar.

Winning: The host will kill off players who do not put up good defenses or don't post often enough. The game will continue into there is only one player left standing. If two or more players form a tight knit team, two players can survive rather than having to turn on each other - as that wouldn't make any sense. If this happens, the host decides who is most deserving to be the next host.

RULE NUMBER 1: Be creative, and don't worry about rules. This is about fun, not rigidness. Just PM the host if you think someone has overstepped or you are worried about doing something. Again, This is about fun - not restrictions
RULE NUMBER 2: Don't publicly try to moderate other players, just PM the host. It is his/her responsibility to keep things in line.
RULE NUMBER 3: Moderators outrank even the host. Follow the forum rules. Do not do anything too over the top.

Points: If you die first you receive one point. If you die second you receive two points and so on.

Best Survivors:
1- .....  (0 Points)
2- .....  (0 Points)
3- .....  (0 Points)

Hosts:
Round 1 - Fatch of Southsward
Round 2 - Eulaliaaa!

Current Players:
1 - Groddil (Henry Miller)
2 - Sand (Don Croffer)
3 - Inquisitor (Adrian Remis)
4 - Mask (Lavinia Hatch)
5 -
6 -
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Groddil

signmeupsignmeupsignmeupsignmeupsignmeupsignmeup!

Name: Henry Miller
Race: Human (Caucasian)
History: Henry Miller was trained as a Navy SEAL, and was part of many successful operations in the Middle East. When the virus began to break out, Henry's team was among many trying to control the disease. Henry was sent to Colorado, but his unit was quickly overrun. Henry and fellow SEAL Thomas were the only survivors, and attempted to flee before the hordes could cut them off from the outside world. Henry was the faster runner.
Appearance

Henry is a Caucasian male of medium height and muscular build. Henry still wears his old uniform, with his weapons always close to hand...
[close]
Items: A Colt M4A1 and a Beretta M9. Both weapons have suppressors available. Several clips of ammunition for both, plus a bowie knife. Several MREs for emergency rations, in case food cannot be scavenged. A flashlight and a radio, although the radio is out of power and Henry has so far been unable to make it work. Even before the radio ran out of power, Henry had not heard anything for a week.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

I'm in. Feel free to kill me if I don't post enough.  ;)
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

LT Sandpaw

Hey, Fatch is alive! ;)

I'm still working on my character Eul, but I'll post it soon.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Name: Don Croffer
Race: Caucasian

History: Born and raised in lower Montana Croffer lived the wild life of a rancher and farm hand, spending his days working and herding cattle. Don's past before the outbreak was simple enough, earning money where he could, sweating by day and partying at night, often getting himself into trouble. His latest late night ended with him getting arrested, and sent to the county jail just as the outbreak began. The prisoners were able to escape in the chaos, and Croffer was no exception, running from the law and the zombies.

Appearance: Don is a stocky five foot seven man, with tasseled blonde hair and bushy eyebrows. He wears a pair of work boots, jeans, a jacket and a black cowboy hat and on his back is a sturdy camouflaged backpack.

Other: Don is equipped with stolen gear, which includes a scoped rifle, two pistols, a pack of cigarettes, and a poncho among other survival necessities.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Feles

Spoiler
[close]
YES!

I'm working on a character now.

Name: Adrian Remis

Race: Greek

History: Adrian has been stockpiling for the Apocalypse for nearly a decade, even having his own bunker. His years as a lawyer saw him through many dark cases which left him with an intense distrust for other people. When the apocalypse started he grabbed what gear he had and attempted to get to get to his bunker. Unfortunately for him, the bunker was several miles from his house with a horde of zombies in the way.

Appearance: Adrian is tall and lanky but not necessarily athletic. He has black hair and is clean shaven. Wears simple clothing except for leather bracers on his lower arms.
Other: Adrian is extremely paranoid and distrusting of people as well as well-armed. He has a CZ 550 handheld sniper rifle and FN Five-Seven semi-automatic pistol, as well as the obligatory knife.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Eulaliaaa!

Feles

I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Eulaliaaa!

Well, I guess we could play with just three people, but it'd be a short game. I was waiting on @Sagetip and @Fatch of Southsward to post their characters.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Eulaliaaa!

Maudie

Yay! Thanks.

Name: Lavinia Hatch
Race: Hispanic/White biracial
History: Lavinia was born in urban California. She joined a gang when she was 16 and got addicted to marijuana. She went to rehab when she was 23 and has been clean since. After graduating college at 29 she got a job at a police department in Colorado. When the crimson sunrise came, Lavinia's boyfriend was consumed by the disease, but she was lucky.
Items: A Glock 22 .40 caliber handgun with ammunition, a taser, and a pack.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3