News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Undecided

Started by The Skarzs, January 25, 2017, 10:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krantor the Brutal

The hare caught the pillow and bounded into an empty bed. From there, they waited for the fate that would befall them.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

The Skarzs

Darrin turned and headed towards the abbey building, walking swiftly. He entered the doors, brushing past Redwallers without a second glance as he went to the stairs. He was a few steps up when he heard a commotion further up, and he climbed the stairs hastily.
  The Dibbuns burst into the infirmary like a tidal wave, climbed over each other, pushing, laughing, shouting, and arguing.
  "Miz Rally!" they chimed
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

Varionus turned toward Twisty, "You doing okay chap?" He let out a yelp as a dibbun jumped onto him. "My aching leg, wot!"
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Twisty, who had his back to the commotion, heard Varonius' remark and pulled the pillow over his head. "Shut yer gob, they're supposed t' think I'm sleepin'!" he snapped.

Dannflower Reguba

Raleigh hurriedly washed her face and tidied up in the short window of freedom she had with the two current troublemakers otherwise occupied. The dibbuns burst in the moment after she finished, greeting them with a laugh and a wide smile as they cascaded over each other. She double checked to make sure all of the dangerous items were off the tables and locked away before addressing the small crowd, "Alright, line up young'ins, let's get those faces and paws taken care of." She caught a glimpse of a molebabe diving onto the hare, "Grover, leave Varionus alone, he needs a good old-fashioned physick." Grover immediately dismounted with a somber, apologetic look on his face. Raleigh's eyes glistened with mischief, seeing as physicks were easily the most foul tasting medicine used in the infirmary. She started cleaning up the rowdy dibbuns, and was soon joined by a couple of the dormitory keepers and another medical hand.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

OOC: How long do you want this to go, Dan?

BIC: Darrin peeked around the corner of the infirmary door, looking at the mass of Dibbuns within, and two lumps trying to hide beneath the covers in their beds.
  Twisty's tail stuck out from beneath a sheet and a tiny mousebabe was tugging on it, and whoever was in the other bed was being jumped on by a pair of moles.
  Darrin backed away from the door.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

Varionus helplessly struggled yelling in agony, "None of that physick, it will come out the way it came in, wot.

OOC: I think the dibbuns were just corralled.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: True, the dibbuns have been confined. This won't take long at all. I'm just letting everyone get their input in before I finish the moment up.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ashleg

OOC-
Oh, yer waitin' fer me?!
IC-

Twisty's agitation grew boundlessly second by passing second.
He had tried to stay cool, shrug it off, and pretend to be asleep--but this was doing him no favors. The paws he felt clamped around his tail were driving him berserk, and he freed his footpaw from the sheets, as well as shifted so he could peer out of a small hole in the covers and judge the location of the mouse's head.
The rat laughed to himself.
One, two, three...
He kicked out, cracking the little pest under the chin. The paws unclamped almost imminently, followed by a loud, wailing howl.

"Waaaah, Sista Wallney!"

Twisty shot up and snarled, "Sister Raleigh yerself, Whiner!"

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Sorry again, I have no excuse this time, it's just me being a butt. BIC:

The assistants were preoccupied and hadn't noticed the additional wailing... Raleigh, however, didn't miss a single one of Twisty's actions. Her blood skipped simmer and went straight to boil, and her uncharacteristically furious glare burned straight towards her supposed patient. The squirrel had little time to deal with Twisty at the moment, and pushed it to the back of her mind as she tended to the victim. A mere couple of moments passed before everybeast was gone, a single dibbun sitting on the desk was all that remained, "If you don't want more of those cuts, and I sure hope you don't, I wouldn't rip up the grass, alright?" She lowered the babe in question to the ground, gave him a quick hug, and released him with a chuckle as he spouted something incomprehensible as he darted out the doorway. Raleigh's chuckle and warm smile faded in an instant, her right paw crossed in front of her and slung a small, clay dish whizzing just by Twisty's ear to shatter violently against the back wall. She turned on him, eyes again burning with unmistakable fury, "What right do you think you have to strike a child?" Her words sounded like gravel being forced through a grinder, "You've been given shelter from your foes, had your life-long injury healed, and food provided without any request for returns... Yet you would raise your hand, or in this case foot, against a dibbun?.... If I see you do something like that again, the next operation you'll have is one were I remove that paw of yours. Furthermore, if I get so much as an inkling that you left this room I swear I'll strap you to that bed!.... Do I make myself clear, Twisty?" She spat the last word out like a curse word.

Ashleg

Ears flat, Twisty glanced behind him at where the plate had shattered. "Y-nngg--yes, Raleigh."
His heart skipped a beat. What a stuck up little frogwalloper she's being. Blinking rapidly, the rodent forced his old dumb crooked smile again.
"You can't ampu...patate me paw! I still think yer purtty." He folded his arms and stared crossly away, letting slip an audible "hmph" in the process.

The Skarzs

Darrin took this moment to walk into the infirmary. "I need to talk with Twisty. Can you leave?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

Raleigh was slowly managing to cool off, but Darrin's intrusion certainly wasn't helping. Even more aggravatingly, he wanted to be left alone with the miscreant in front of her. She released a long sigh before turning to respond at least somewhat apologetically, "I'm afraid that's not an option at the moment, I need infirmary eyes on this trouble maker at all times for now... And I don't mean anything by this, but I thought I should point out that it'll look suspicious if you start whispering to each other. If you have need of something, just ask." She went to retrieve her papers from the room so she could do some logging in the main room while waiting for a good replacement. It was only when she returned that she remembered the hare-brained, "patient," from before, "Good heavens, you're still here?! I've told you countless times to go find a dockleaf, and ask our cellarhog for some ice! Off with you!"

Krantor the Brutal

"Alright, sister I'll go don't need to be fussy, wot!" Varionus said stepping out the door. A little time later, he could be heard tumbling down the stairs.

Ashleg

"Go check that, Raleigh!" Twisty suddenly exclaimed, shooting a knowing glance at Darrin.