The Blazing Lava Falls (Duel)

Started by The Shade, September 23, 2013, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Karnac the ferret stared at the huge falls in wonder. He was standing on a large island, it's brim a seething mass of molten rock. Unlike other creatures, he wasn't afraid of it. Indeed, he rather liked the hot air, the booming sounds, and the ash falling out of the air. Also, this particular region of volcanos sat right in the middle of a distant travelers path, and sometimes he would jump down, and beat up a poor beast, before stealing their possessions.

OOC: That has got to be the lamest title for a duel.  :D Anyway, I guess your character just comes wandering along the path. I didn't mean it to be this way, be its the only resonable solution of how they meet. :)
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tiny Jackalope

Tia Jade crept around the edge of the molten lava falls and shot an arrow towards a large, muscly, silhouetted figure.  

OOC:  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I probably just killed myself XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
*SMACKFACE*
a mere rebel... as mere as this dot -> .

The Shade

Karnac spun around. His hearing had been sharpened by years of fending for himself, but this time he wasn't quick enough. The arrow grazed the top of his shoulder,  before crashing into the stone floor behind him. He stared at his attacker.

What is the name of fire and fur is this? he wondered. She might be an assassin working for some traveler I attacked
He drew both his cutlasses. "What do you think yer doing?" he said.

Tiny Jackalope

Tia grinned smugly, "My duty."

She then took out her slingshot. Ready, aim, fire!!!
*SMACKFACE*

The Shade

Karnac rushed forward, and rolled on the ground to avoid the slingstone. Crouching, he sneered at the mouse.

"And what duty would that be?"

Tiny Jackalope

"To avenge (insert here something to avenge)!"

Tia then started to charge at Karnac, her bow drawn and ready!
*SMACKFACE*

The Shade

Karnac stood his ground, and waited for the mouse. He now felt almost certain that she was an assassin working for somebeast. At the last second he jumped to the side, and swung a cutlass, aiming for the leg.

Tiny Jackalope

Tia crashed to the ground. Her leg was bleeding heavily and had been rendered almost useless. She spun around and shot her arrow straight into Karnac's eye.
*SMACKFACE*

The Shade

Karnac twisted his head to the side quickly, but not before the arrow tore into his shoulder. A thin trickle of blood spashed on to the fire-blasted rock. Up 'till now he had treated the attack on the side of amusement rather than a threat to his life. Now he knew she meant business.

Again he brought his blades down, this time a ribble of pain crossing his face.

Tiny Jackalope

Tia rolled out of the way and ran towards the lava (falls?)
*SMACKFACE*

The Shade

Karnac's cutlasses clanged against the rock floor, as he stared at the mousemaid. What was she doing?

Tiny Jackalope

Tia ran right up to the lava and then jumped up onto a ledge coming out of the falls.

OOC: Didn't see that coming did ya?! *does crazy silly happy dance*
*SMACKFACE*

The Shade

Karnac stared dumbly at the secret passage. How did she know that was there? The ferret hopped. over. Should he attempt it?

OOC:  ::) ;)

Tiny Jackalope

*SMACKFACE*

The Shade

OOC: Yeah sorry, I didn' really leave anything for you to go on.  :-\

BIC: Karnac decided to risk it, and ran the short stretch. He jumped, and very nearly missed it at all had it not been for a long, sharp spur of rock. As it was, he had been badly scratched. He scrabbled up the rest of the way and faced Tia off, realizing he had lost a cutlass in making the jump. "Ha, nearly lost me there didn't yer!" he half joking. "How about we just make this easy? Yew gimme yer valuables."

OOC:EDIT: I gotta go see ya! ;)