News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Duel: The Shade vs Cornflower

Started by The Shade, November 19, 2013, 09:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Sulfur scanned the sea, gazing at the pounding waves. The weasel had been shipwreck along with the rest of his crew about a week ago. Now he was low on supplies. He sniffed the slight breeze, as he topped yet another of these endless dunes that lay scattered on the fringe of the beach. In the distance he could see a small dark blotch, which he knew to be half of the ship he had sailed. The same storm that had ran the ship aground had separated he with his companions, efficiently sweeping them apart.

He stood tall on his hind legs scanning once again. He didn't precisely know what he was looking for, maybe a place of civilisation where he could get a bite to eat. He set off once again.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Cornflower MM

OOC: Took ya long enough! ;D

BIC: Russina looked around, wondering where she was in dunes, as she was looking for a badger maid. Ah well, she thought. If she don't want to be found, she won't be. Stretching up, she looked at the sea...Was that...No! It couldn't be! A searat ship half?!?!?! Oh well, their probably all dead, anyway! Walking on, she wandered.

The Shade

Sulfur slid down the loose sand on the top of the dune. He was sure he had sniffed something on the breeze... at the same instant he saw the squirrel. Yes, that was it. A squirrel. He wondered if it had any supplies. Anything would do right now, all he had were the clothes weapons and small haversack, now nearly empty.

The weasel began taking long strides over the shifting sand, checking his weapons as he did so. He would ask her nicely, and then take whatever she had. If she resisted he would kill her. It was as simple as that.

Cornflower MM

Russina smelled the weasel before she saw him, calling out " Oi! You! Weasel! Have you seen a badger maid? If ye have not I bid ye good day!"

The Shade

Sulfur pondered the question for about half a second before responding.

"Nah, I ain't seen one. No hide nor tail. Here, what's in the sack of yore's? I'll take whatever ye have to offer."

All these while the weasel was walking toward the lone maid. She did carry weapons, but he wondered how well she could use them. Well, she had better be prepared, he sniggered to himself.

Cornflower MM

"None of your business! If you really want to know, though....." Russina barked, although toward the end of speaking her voice got  real soft and low. Then, she made her move. She drew her rapier swiftly and slashed out the weasel, aiming to cut off his ear.

OOC: Don't make it too easy for me, 'kay? :D

The Shade

Sulfur was extremely surprised, to say the least. However, his reactions were incredibly quick, and he parred with one of his swords he had whipped out. The force of the two blades connecting made him yell, and it stung his hand, making him nearly dropping it.

The tough weasel swung his second blade, aiming for the maid's sword paw. He knew it was better to end conflicts like this as soon as possible, and with her swordpaw disabled, she would be helpless.

Cornflower MM

Russina knew the move; and knew how to avoid it! As she jumped back and to the side a little, she slashed with her OTHER paw, since she switched her sword paw.

The Shade

Sulfur yelped as the rapier slashed at his fingers, causing him to drop one of his twin swords. The weasel took his second sword with both paws, and whipped the blade horizontally, and then downward, amd this while shifting in the sand.

Cornflower MM

Russina didn't know that move, so she just jumped back, fell down on purpose, grabbed sand and flung it at the weasel, and jumped up.

OOC: I'll have to remember that move!!!

The Shade

Sulfur snarled as the maid backed off. Yes, finally he was getting the upper paw. He held his sword ready, preparing for that gruesome moment when he would spit her on the blade.

Then the sand whipped into his eyes. He yelled, blindly slashing with his blade as he desperately tried to clean the sand out with the other hand.

Cornflower MM

Russina ducked, since she didn't want her head chopped off. She slashed out at the weasels' ear, hoping her blade would hit.

The Shade

Sulfur dodged with incredible speed. However, even he was not quick enough. Thankfully, all the keen bladed nicked was the long hair on the tip of his ear, and he felt nothing.

With his right hand he stabbed out with the sword, while he threw a punch with his left.

Cornflower MM

Russina decided to take the punch. It hit her on the shoulder, and she tossed more sand at the weasel, while her other paw slashed diagonally, aiming for his ear going down and across.

The Shade

The swordeblade whistled by, clipping Sulfur's whiskers and the weasel floundered in the sinking sand. This was getting him nowhere, he thought, as he tried the remove the gritty compound in his eyes. He decided to make a "tactical change"; run for it. He followed the maid's own tactic, throwing sand at her face as he broke free. He was a good runner; he would surely outrun her.