News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Vermin young?

Started by Leatho Shellhound, January 12, 2013, 10:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: rachel25 on July 17, 2013, 05:02:54 PM
Quote from: Romsca on July 12, 2013, 05:08:07 PM
Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on July 11, 2013, 01:55:26 AM
Quote from: Romsca on July 10, 2013, 09:16:12 PM
Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 10, 2013, 03:54:23 AM
Darth Rom.

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun. Dun dun dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun. Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun-dun-dun, dun dun dun-dun-dun, dun dun, dun dun dun, dun dun dun...

LOL! However, it was the Abbot who called her "my child"

Basically the Abbot said "Romsca, my child."  = "Romsca, you are my child."  =  "Romsca, I am your father."  DUn dun dun dun.....

Romsca: NOOOOOOOO!!!! :o
hehehehehehhheeee  ::)

Anyvaaaay, back tae ze topic...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

LT Sandpaw

The locus, okay so by that logic if aliens came to earth and saw our history books they should eliminate us for lasting peace...

If its up to survival maybe the vermin are just trying to survive, its been made clear though the entire Redwall series that woodlanders are better fighters than vermin.
its almost like all vermin are natural bully's. that means the eradication plan is a very necessary step yet it hasn't been done even though the woodlanders are more then capable of achieving a vermin free world.
I think this all go's to portray how noble and forgiving Goodbeats are.

Personally who would you rather be, a creature that can't do bad?
Or a creature that can only do bad?
Easy choice right?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Wylder Treejumper

I'm fairly sure that goodbeasts let many vermin go over the course of the series.

In regard to locusts: They are not sentient. Termina argumenta.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Stonestripe

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 12, 2013, 10:49:34 PM
Have you ever asked your self where are the vermin young, they have to be babies at some point. The only ones I can think of are Veil (The Outcast of Redwall)  Vitch (Mattimeo) And the little band of vermin young in (The Rogue Crew)

Klitch from the book Salamanstron was a good example I believe it did say something about his mother in the book but I don't have it with me to reference at the moment.
"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords"

Lady Ashenwyte

There were thousands of skilled vermin fighters.The horde leaders are an example.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Stonestripe

This is more about how they were raised. We are listing examples in the books where some reference to the vermin's childhood is made.
"Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords"

Wylder Treejumper

I do believe Klitch was not a young rat; rather, his small size enabled him to pass as an adolescent.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

What I want to know is. . . What in the name of seasons were the mothers of vermin thinking when they named their children?! (Or were they even named by their mothers at all?)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Edraithel

It seems that most of the vermin names are probably nicknames based on appearance.
"A cage," she said. "To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - Eowyn, Lord of the Rings

"Listen for the destination in your heart if you lose sight of your path." D. Gray Man

The Skarzs

Yes, but what would they be called before they gleaned that trait from which their name comes? Some vermin have actual names (though some of them seem rather rough) like Klitch and Grodda, but still.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Eh well, when I make names I either choose an oldder British name (John, Aaron, etc.) or type a bunch of random letters. for example: Onju. See? Easy to make, nice to hear.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Faiyloe

Like Edraithel said. I always though that a lot of the names where nicknames like I call you Mr. Vulcan or sweet tart or stone faced toll.... or  Skarzsles for that matter. (I have to many nicknames for you... XD)
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

Vermin names are occasionally actual names, but most of the time its just two short words stuck together to make a compound name,
Example, mine: Sand-Paw Most Vermin names are clearly supposed to sound evil, it reminds me of the movie How too train your dragon and how they named their kids.
Very similar.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Yes, some names might be ones their parents would have liked their offspring to live up to, but it seems odd that if the names they go by are nicknames, that there is no mention of it.

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 21, 2015, 09:14:02 PM
Like Edraithel said. I always though that a lot of the names where nicknames like I call you Mr. Vulcan or sweet tart or stone faced toll.... or  Skarzsles for that matter. (I have to many nicknames for you... XD)
Settle on one, then. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

It could be a culture thing... We don't mention allot of things like the fact that we take the sir name from the husband. it is just natural and we don't even think about it. (Don't now go off on a tangent saying that people don't always do that It was just an example) Perhaps the vermin change their name when they get older like a coming of age thing. A way to say that they are independent and no longer need their parents or any connection to them.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?