"Run like a hare and fight like a Bear..."

Started by Tam and Martin, June 07, 2013, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Søren

It would be cool to have a bear. Every time a wolverine shows up in the books, I'm like "WOULDN'T IT BE COOL FOR A BEAR/WOLVERINE FIGHT!!!".

I'm retired from the forum

The Skarzs

. . . Uuhhhh, no. The bear would destroy the wolverine, or a badger, or any other animal in the series.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

SilentSam

Maybe they are thought to be legends in Redwall, like Bigfoot.
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Søren

Quote from: The Skarzs on November 14, 2014, 06:06:08 PM
. . . Uuhhhh, no. The bear would destroy the wolverine, or a badger, or any other animal in the series.
Well yeah, but it would be so cool! If short lived, but cool! How about Wolverine v. Wolverine. Would be awesome. Or was there already a fight like that?

The Skarzs

No, there wasn't. A wolverine vs a badger would be cool, though.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

LT Sandpaw

I think the fact that a squirrel defeated a wolverine shows that the badger would destroy a wolverine.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Søren

But what about Martin v. Tsarmania? I'm not sure size matters, depending on the warrior.

The Skarzs

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on November 16, 2014, 11:42:24 PM
I think the fact that a squirrel defeated a wolverine shows that the badger would destroy a wolverine.
Luck. If the shield wasn't where it was when Rakkety Tam propelled Gulo, the wolverine would have lived to fight for a while: the victory was indirect. Also, training in weaponry has something to do with that, and Gulo was quite literally a savage. If a wolverine and a badger, both experienced in fighting with weapons, went head on head, it would be interesting to see the result.

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on November 17, 2014, 06:46:35 PM
But what about Martin v. Tsarmania? I'm not sure size matters, depending on the warrior.
Once again, I think it has to do with training and luck (or fate, if you will). Tsarmina was defeated indirectly by Martin: If it were not for the flooding, Tsarmina would not have been drowned.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: SilentSam on November 14, 2014, 08:44:43 PM
Maybe they are thought to be legends in Redwall, like Bigfoot.
But Bigfoot isn't just a legend,...

Anyways, I kinda find the mentioning of bears to be refurring to a land far away: like maybe some travelers went there and has the "pleasure" of seeing a bear duel. I personally agree that they come from the Land of Ice and Snow, as many big and strange creatures seem to live there, like wolverines.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Hickory

Ok... iinteresting point...

Bears are omnivores. Idealy, Mossflower is perfect for a bear. So it's possible. With the introduction of a possible wolf in the Bellmaker, it's possible that bears could either be alive or found frozen from a past time.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

willruth

I also think what would the reaction to maybe a giant iceberg coming to the shores of mossflower with some giant ice age mammals frozen inside...only dormant!!!

GREAT IDEA FOR A ROLE-PLAY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on December 23, 2014, 10:34:37 PM
Ok... iinteresting point...

Bears are omnivores. Idealy, Mossflower is perfect for a bear. So it's possible. With the introduction of a possible wolf in the Bellmaker, it's possible that bears could either be alive or found frozen from a past time.

The wolf wasn't from a past time, it was frozen to death so Urgan skinned it and made it a cloak
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

Quote from: willruth on December 28, 2014, 09:13:42 AM
I also think what would the reaction to maybe a giant iceberg coming to the shores of mossflower with some giant ice age mammals frozen inside...only dormant!!!

You are really getting into ideas for RPs, aren't you?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: willruth on December 28, 2014, 09:13:42 AM

Do you mind if I shamelessly steal, I mean borrow your idea for a fanfiction?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

willruth

Great,sure (it is not like I currently have the time!!!) :D :D :D