News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Browser Issue

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, June 18, 2015, 07:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

So I tried to get onto the forum through my computer, but it wouldn't let me. An error popped up saying that it took to long to load. I tried switching internets, but to no avail. I was on Chrome, so I got Firefox and still got the same error. Has anyone else been getting this? I am having to use my phone, and it makes typing a lot slower. Anyway to solve this?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

Sorry, I've never had any trouble. :-\ I use Safari, but this is a Mac, so. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Luftwaffles

Jukka and I had the same issue not long ago, we had to use a proxy: check out this topic for more information: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=7629.0

EDIT: As you can see, the problem won't last long, but if you want to keep reading the forum while it lasts, I recommend the use of a proxy (PMme for more info, those things can be tricky).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Cornflower MM

I would try checking your Internet connection. Other than that, I have no clue. Sierra or Rus might be able to help.

EDIT: Well, type of the devil/. . .. . . :P

Gonff the Mousethief

Okay, I got it fixed. Had to go and reset something on the internet.  :P
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

So...anyone having any browser issues?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Firehawke

I am.  I couldn't get the forum to load properly on Firefox or Chrome.  Finally, I was able to on IE once I hit the okay button to display the forum on a new page without frames.

Hopefully it clears up soon!

Just super excited to see the site back up and going!
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Skyblade

I'm so glad you're able to get back on though, Firehawke! :) (And that is a REALLY cool username)

Yeah, it's great the forum is back ^^

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Firehawke

Thanks, Skyblade! :)

Still just able to use IE (without frames)...I will continue to check other browsers every so often.

EDIT: I've also noticed that I can't see the smilies option as I'm writing a post...is this another board hiccup or is it because I'm not using frames?  Glad they show up when I type : and )  !
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

The Skarzs

Same here. I'm sure if I didn't have to open the forum in a new tab in order to access the boards then the smilies and shortcuts would work, but as it is I don't have anything above my text box.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

I don't either, but since I hand type much of the BBC code and smileys now, it doesn't bug me really.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Søren

Quote from: The Skarzs on January 14, 2016, 11:07:20 PM
Same here. I'm sure if I didn't have to open the forum in a new tab in order to access the boards then the smilies and shortcuts would work, but as it is I don't have anything above my text box.
No they wouldn't, I don't think any of us can do that.

I'm retired from the forum

Maudie

Yeah, I think the smilies board is just, (hopefully temporarily) down right now...
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3