News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

OLD FORUM BACK UP! Or not...

Started by Jukka the Sling, December 23, 2015, 11:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

I know, right? I mean, we have the old forum back up, but this one has been pretty much a copy of it, and the only thing different, really, is the information in it. It's a copy.
So what happens? Do we take what we want from the old forum and bring it here, our new home, which we have settled into, or do we move back?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Groddil

Bugzez. Beautiful.

Firstly, there's no formatting.

Secondly, I can only get there from the link in the announcements. The forum tab on the website doesn't work.

Pictures attached. Or not. The second one is too big.

Banya

^Same with access; but I think they're working on the bugs. Matthias said "it's an ongoing process."

I'm ecstatic to have the old forum and all of those old topics back, there are so many good memories, but at this point I've been on this forum longer and have been more active here. The LAF is also cleaner, better developed, the administrator is reachable, and I trust it not to go screwy. This is pretty much home now. We were forced to turn away from the old forum and move here, and I don't plan to take what's happened here and move it all back there. I'll stay semi-active on both, but this is my forum, though I haven't been very active lately anyway.

The Skarzs

I just don't want the forums to be split completely apart. Given the activity on here, I feel this may become the main forum. However, the older members will still want to stick around the old one, I'm sure, partly because of nostalgia and also because they may not want to go through the trouble of moving topics back here. (Though I'm still going to do that.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Chipster of Noonvale

I have a message from Sierra. RAF webmaster Steven is working on the entire site, and the graphical-back-ups should be installed very soon, restoring the forum's layout to what it used to be before it went down.

Also, the forum name changed from "Redwall Abbey Forum" to "Redwall Abbey FAN Forum". The forum officially belongs to the community now; it is hosted independently from the main RedwallAbbey.com site. While the RedwallAbbey.com webmaster is technically still in charge, he would rather leave the forum to the community.

Captain Tammo

Wow... this is weird now. I'm so, so, sooo excited to see the old forum back up!!!! But at the same time...

James has done a spectacular job with the Loamhedge Forum. I feel like if I try to split myself between the two sites, I'll just wind up being on one more than the other. Not really sure what to do here - I mean, the original goal for this forum was a temporary fix, nothing ever was supposed to be permanent... right?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Feles

James has a plan to merge the forums, it might not end up as a problem.
I am the harbinger of the spicy rooster apocalypse,
I am the hydrogen bomb in a necktie,
I hold the flames of a thousand collapsed stars,
I am Bobracha!

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior