News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Gauging Interest (5/5/16)

Started by James Gryphon, May 06, 2016, 04:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I've been thinking for a while now about making a theme based on the classic Redwall Abbey site (from pre-2011).

Now that I've started looking at the CSS and the PHP files, it looks like this could take a substantial amount of work to make happen -- maybe even more than it took to set up the current theme.

I'm still interested in it just for nostalgia's sake, but now that it's started to sink in how much time this could take to create, I'm starting to question whether it's a worthwhile thing for me to do. I thought I'd ask the community 1) whether this theme is something you'd like to see, and 2) whether y'all would actually use it if it was made.

If there's no demand for this and it's not likely to see much use, I'll put this idea on indefinite hiatus and see about finding other things to do to mess with the forum, whether feature enhancements, bug fixes (like the attachment thing), or cosmetic changes (one theme-related idea I've had, for example, is to have slight variations on the theme per each sub-board, to give each part of the forum a little distinct personality).
« Subject to editing »

Gonff the Mousethief

I, personally, have always been used to the way the site is now. Honestly, I don't think I ever even came upon that site. However, if you and some older members want to change it, than go ahead. It would take a while to get used to it after seeing this format for more than two years.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

Personally, I like the current theme, and the lack of complaints and suggestions implies that the others feel the same. If it's going to take a while, I don't think it's worth it. You're a very busy person, and I think you can contribute the time elsewhere.

Just my opinion :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Leatho Shellhound

I grew up on this theme, and for me personly it feels more at home as it is.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

James Gryphon

I think that sums up the overall feeling about this.

That's all right; I have other ideas for things to come, that I think will be easier and more productive. :)

I'll probably make more topics like this (with a similar name) periodically, whenever I have a big idea in mind that I want to get community feedback for.

Thanks for y'all's responses!
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

Quote from: James Gryphon on May 07, 2016, 08:32:43 PMI'll probably make more topics like this (with a similar name) periodically, whenever I have a big idea in mind that I want to get community feedback for.

Great idea. I like when everyone gets a voice in the things that happen (with necessary exceptions).

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!