Castle Marl

Started by Alessandro Reinares, July 07, 2011, 11:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alessandro Reinares

2 questions:

1. What is the purpose of the ramps?
2. What happened to the Rats?

Captain Tammo

I don't think there was any actual purpose for the ramps. Maybe they helped with the building of the castle then they were just left there afterwords, or maybe it was just the architect
As for the rats, I don't have the book with me so I can't tell you For sure :-\ sorry about that
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Alessandro Reinares

Okay, Tammo, thanks anyway.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

It says that they turned into a sort of Redwall group I think. OR at least practiced many of the things Redwallers do.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dotti

I believe the purpose for the ramps was to make it easier for High Queen Silth to be carried around in her palanquin.  Carrying a chair that size down stairs wouldn't be easy, and it would certainly jar the queen more than she would like.  As for the rats, I don't think it's ever mentioned what happens to them. 
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Tiria Wildlough

They probably all got eaten by the pike.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

James Gryphon

I think it's said that the bird (Megraw) ruled over Castle Marl after Marlfox, and that all the surviving rats became farmers.
« Subject to editing »

Captain Tammo

Wow. I think that's the first time I've heard of rats farming and being peaceful.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Dotti

You know, I think something was said about Megraw staying on as the ruler.  Because he didn't come back to the abbey with Song and her fellow travelers.  Probably, the rats were farmers only as long as Megraw stayed to keep law and order, although a few showed  a remarkable peaceful streak at the end of the battle.  (Throwing away their shields and weapons, refusing to fight, etc)  It would be interesting to have a dynasty of Megraw's decendants staying there to keep peace among the rats.  Especially since the island played such a critical part in a number of the books.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Storm

I guess that the rats are sort of proof that many of the hordes are actually quite good creatures if given the chance.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Alessandro Reinares on July 07, 2011, 11:19:42 PM
2 questions:

1. What is the purpose of the ramps?
2. What happened to the Rats?
i think they were for a smooth ride for the old fox whe n she was being carried by the rats and as for them somebody should make a fan fic about them.

Dannflower Reguba

Yes, they were for smooth rides.
And about the rats, they lived on the island happily ever after, it's in the prologue or something.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

redwallgurl

The ramps were also probably used when Silth wanted to get around on her thing that carried her (forgot what that was called) without any disruption from the bumping of stairs.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Dannflower Reguba

That's what we meant.  :D
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers