The Powers of Redwall

Started by GeminyaTome, May 08, 2013, 01:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminyaTome

I have a friend who does NOT like to read. Her Mom, an avid reader herself, asked me to lend her a Redwall. She had heard me, and other converts, talk about how good it was and she wanted to try it. I lent her Martin the Warrior. Last night, I received this message from her:

":) :) I'm at chapter 20:)

"Mom took it away so now I can only read in the afternoon;)
So right now I have from 20 to 43 to read. So that means I have 23 chapters till I'm finished:) with the book.
And as far as pages go 172(at right now) 376 (Till I'm finished) so all I have to read is 204 pages:)
BTW I like Martin The Warrior!!

"Which one is next?! Or which one should I read next?"
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

AbbotPlumble

Amazing isn't it!?  Redwall truly has something about it in the story that draws people in.  And getting a person who generally doesn't enjoy reading to read is wonderful!

Well done!

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Firehawke

The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

Ungatt Trunn

Good Job! Thats nice to hear!

Life is too short to rush through it.

CrazyPug37

That's the power of the Redwall series for you.

Who wouldn't love the books?
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Duxwing

Booyeah!  The Power of Redwall!  If you want to send her on a roller-coaster ride through the history of Redwall Abbey, then I suggest that you lend her Mossflower next, then Redwall, and finally Mattimeo.  Afterward, lend her The Legend of Luke so that she understands how the whole saga started.

-Duxwing

Redwallfan7

Awesome! Glad to hear she's enjoying it  :)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tam and Martin

Yeah another Redwall lover!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Shadowed One

See if she wants to join the forum.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 09, 2013, 08:18:57 PM
See if she wants to join the forum.
Yea, you should invite her over!

CrazyPug37

It's always good when someone new joins the forum!
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 10, 2013, 01:40:00 AM
It's always good when someone new joins the forum!
Yep! I remember when I first joined...
BTW, This post is the 10,000th post in this board ;D! A great honor!

rachel25

Quote from: GeminyaTome on May 08, 2013, 01:11:02 PM
I have a friend who does NOT like to read. Her Mom, an avid reader herself, asked me to lend her a Redwall. She had heard me, and other converts, talk about how good it was and she wanted to try it. I lent her Martin the Warrior. Last night, I received this message from her:

":) :) I'm at chapter 20:)

"Mom took it away so now I can only read in the afternoon;)
So right now I have from 20 to 43 to read. So that means I have 23 chapters till I'm finished:) with the book.
And as far as pages go 172(at right now) 376 (Till I'm finished) so all I have to read is 204 pages:)
BTW I like Martin The Warrior!!

"Which one is next?! Or which one should I read next?"

that's what happened to me I never read anything but one day my brother had some friends round and two of them had read Redwall so I went over to the shelf where all the Redwall book we owned (which was about seven) were. I started to read Mossflower and now I've brought all the rest of the Redwalls and I own the Redwall map and Riddler and the Redwall friend and foe and the Redwall cookbook and the redwall dairy and my room is covered in redwall pictures and I joined this Forum and I'm writing two redwall fanfic's. I can honestly say redwall saved my life. for the last two years I've not had any friends and as a twelve year old that's pretty hard. But reading Redwall let me enter a world of happiness which I never thought I could feel. So   praise the name of Brian Jacques.  ;D     

Tam and Martin

Quote from: rachel25 on May 11, 2013, 04:44:22 PM

. for the last two years I've not had any friends and as a twelve year old that's pretty hard. But reading Redwall let me enter a world of happiness which I never thought I could feel. So   praise the name of Brian Jacques.  ;D     
[/quote]

That's exactly how I feel that's why I get on the forum alot.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000