News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Otter Clans throughout the books

Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, July 14, 2013, 11:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerLordFiredrake

In High Rhulain, I noticed that there were Galedeeps, Wavedogs, and Streambattles.  There were other otters with this surname in other books (Finnbarr, Kroova, and Rab, respectably).  Does this mean that the otters have extensive family trees across time and space?
baby turtle forever

Lutra

Could be so...I wouldn't put it past some connections.  However, there have been incidents when Mr. Jacques has mistakenly used the same name in different books.  It could be an accident for all we know. 
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Osu

I like to think they're all one big family when this occurs. :) These could be large families with many branches that have traveled all over the place. I can see their descendants lasting through the entirety of the series, from Lord Brocktree straight through The Rogue Crew.

There's also the possibility characters take on surnames of their own without realizing/caring there's already a family (or ten) that have the same name. Wavedog, for example, just sounds really good when paired up with an otter, doesn't matter who. XD

Edit -- Lutra, you beat me. ;D *cough* ....what Lutra said, too. *nod*
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Two mods post, but nobody else does.  :P

Could be either, but I like to agree with Osu.
baby turtle forever

The Shade

Osu, can you say which family name was in Lord Brocktreeand which one was in The Rogue Crew?? I believe you of course....
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Osu

Oh, I never said as such. At least, I don't recall seeing names in both books; I was just making an example by naming the first and last books in chronological order. :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tam and Martin

I always thought that they would all meet up at the Hullabaloo (which is mentioned in the books.) Like if Kolun Galedeep was a ancestor of Finbarr Galedeep.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

BadgerLordFiredrake

Or vice versa, don't know which came first.
baby turtle forever

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

BadgerLordFiredrake

Ok, good.  I hope I'm not traveling back in time.  :o

I still think that they're all related.
baby turtle forever

Romsca

Quote from: The Shade on July 15, 2013, 03:33:14 PM
Osu, can you say which family name was in Lord Brocktreeand which one was in The Rogue Crew?? I believe you of course....

The family name in The Rogue Crew was Axehound, as I recall

Shadowed One

I think they might be very distant relatives, but they are all from the same clan.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Redwaller

What if all sea otters originated from Green Isle, and then some member of the family decided to go travel, thus forming another group of otters?

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000