News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Otter Clans throughout the books

Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, July 14, 2013, 11:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerLordFiredrake

Wonder if the river otters also came from Green Isle.

What about Holt Ruddaring?
baby turtle forever

Lutra

"Wavedog" has been used as a nickname (e.g. "you ol' wavedog!") in the books.  It simply fits well.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

rachel25

Yeah but it does sound sea otterish, Wavedog. I do like to think that their all distantly related

The Shade

But how can they be related? If they all have different surnames? Are we saying that some otter left the original clan and decided to invent a new name for itself? And that happened a few times?
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

May'apz tiz zimilar tae ze auld Scottish/Irish/etc. clanz. Zere could 'ave been an original Gauyldeap, vhich zen, zrough generationz, branched off intae different verzionz o' ze name, like Galedeep, Galldeep, Gayeldaep, Gale, Deap, Deep, Gyldeap, Gyldeep, Gaildeap, Gaildeep, an' etc...
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on October 28, 2013, 09:16:35 PM
May'apz tiz zimilar tae ze auld Scottish/Irish/etc. clanz. Zere could 'ave been an original Gauyldeap, vhich zen, zrough generationz, branched off intae different verzionz o' ze name, like Galedeep, Galldeep, Gayeldaep, Gale, Deap, Deep, Gyldeap, Gyldeep, Gaildeap, Gaildeep, an' etc...
That is a good explanation for that. They could have accidentally or purposefully changed their clan name.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on July 16, 2013, 10:07:53 PM
What if all sea otters originated from Green Isle, and then some member of the family decided to go travel, thus forming another group of otters?
That is a very plausable anwser, Redwaller. It did say in High Rhulain that otters lived on Green Isle for a very, very long time before the events in High Rhulain. Anything could have happened in that time.

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Shade

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 02, 2013, 03:31:06 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on July 16, 2013, 10:07:53 PM
What if all sea otters originated from Green Isle, and then some member of the family decided to go travel, thus forming another group of otters?
That is a very plausable anwser, Redwaller. It did say in High Rhulain that otters lived on Green Isle for a very, very long time before the events in High Rhulain. Anything could have happened in that time.
That is probably most likely.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Gonff the Mousethief

I have never read the 11-22 books soo ya
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.