News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Adjectivization in Redwall (Nationalities)

Started by Osu, June 11, 2014, 07:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mask

Maybe not necessarily another language but the Painted Ones used some kind of hand gesturing system.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

SilentSam

;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

willruth

And in Legend of Luke, there were the tropical snake worshiping weasels and many reptiles have there own whispering dialect/language!oh, and all birds are still technically reptiles... ;D

SilentSam

You mean the Flitcheye? Flitchese? Flitchy? :P
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

The Skarzs

No, they were the. . . *Looks them up.* Eh, they aren't named, but their leader was called the Marrahagga, they worshipped a big snake (undefined species), and they caught them with drugged fruit. :P
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

willruth

And my point exactly, they were an isolated island tribe that diverged from the common tongue of mossflower and southsward . Or...

they were using a language much more primitive than the common tongue and never developed the newer language!

Also, it could be that other tongues exist in the far north, like the primitive howling the Urgan Nagru used to converse with the dirgecalllers from The Bellmaker

Hickory

It said that the Juska had aancient language, where Taggerung (or was it Zann?) meant Mighty One.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

willruth

Hickory

Also, the painted ones and the rats from LEgend of Luke spoke a different language.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Nadaz, voice of the host

I don't know what the language was called but in Mattimeo the tree rats communicate in whistles and shreiks
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ashleg