News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Statistical Report on the Decline of Monthly New Posts

Started by Wylder Treejumper, April 22, 2017, 02:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

-REMOVED BY REQUEST OF STAFF-
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lutra

Your statistical analysis can't overcome the fact this forum disappeared and many people did not know about the Loamhedge forum.  I happened to find it by pure luck.  How many others either couldn't find it, and just assumed it was done?  This forum is healthy comparatively to others.

Just to add, some people here put a TON of work to get this place up and running again.  Speaking of death knells days after everything is up and running again is in poor taste.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Wylder Treejumper

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lutra

Stop digging that hole you're standing in.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lutra

I'm trying to be as nice as I can. Sierra and James put a ton of work in, and I can't stand people trying to degrade their hard work with stuff like this.

You need to look at the humanistic emotional side of things, not just numbers.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ashleg

We have multiple posts every day, whereas I've been on forums that can go WEEKS without any activity whatsoever.
They may be smaller, but people still do eventually return.

I have no intention of leaving this place during the next few years. Somebeast'd have to force me.

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Ashleg

But how is this even an issue? The forum isn't going anywhere.

The Skarzs

Unfortunately, a decline is bound to happen due to people leaving for various reasons (you yourself were planning on leaving, Wylder), as well as no new content from the creator to keep our interest. If Redwall was a more popular series, like Lord of the Rings, the fandom would still be growing.
The question is, though, what can WE do to keep this community alive and/or grow it?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Lutra

Wylder,

Personally I don't deny your statistics.  I'm sure there is a decline in there.  However, there are times and places to bring up concerns like this.  You picked a lousy time to bring it up when we're all celebrating the fact that the forum is around again.

Does that make sense?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Luftwaffles

I gotta admit that the thread did land on my bad side, but please do share what you have got. I won't complain about it if there's improvement to be made.
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Wylder Treejumper

-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Jukka the Sling

Personally, I'm rather interested in this.  I feel like it's good to be informed to prevent this downfall from occurring.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Ashleg

Quote from: Ashleg on April 22, 2017, 02:33:39 AM
But how is this even an issue? The forum isn't going anywhere.
Correction on my part.
You never even said how this was a relevant concern besides that it's happening.

Activity spikes and falls.
People get older and change interests. These changes in activity do not spell doom for the forum or the "fandom" in general, no--they're just statistics.
This place may not be insanely crowded, but quality and quantity are not the same thing.

Why does the staff, or the rest of us, for that matter, have to take care of this? The only thing we can do is not leave.