THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Started by Matthias720, October 08, 2017, 04:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Suddenly, a group of creatures emerge from the judging tent. They all shake paws, then a single, masked creature gets on stage to announce the results...

"Before I pull this cord that will unveil the final score board, I would first like to thank all of the participants for making this a wonderful competition and a great success! The spirit of amicable competition and comradeship is abundant here at Redwall. Thank you all for being here.

"A quick amendment to the rules by one of the judges: those who participated in at least 5 events, OR received more than 15 points in the competition, will receive a participation medal! If you've won a prize, you can expect the judging committee to deliver a congratulatory message, and the prizes, presently.

"Now! Enough blabbering already, let's look at the final results! Congratulations to all, and thank you for taking part in the Redwall Abbey Fall Extravaganza!"

With a tug from the paw, the speaker unveils the scoreboard. Music plays and the final scores are revealed...

FINAL RESULTS!
THANKS FOR PLAYING, EVERYONE! WE HOPE YOU HAD FUN!

High Scores

__ Nadaz, voice of the host ____ 64 points__
__ a crumb ____ 58 points __
__ Rosie Willowater ____ 30 points __
__ Captain Tammo (judge) ____  27 points __
__ Maudie ____ 21 points __
__ Lady Amber ____ 16 points __
__ Holt5 ____ 16 points__
__ HoltLutra ____ 15 points __
__ Ashleg ____ 15 points __
__ Gonff the Mousethief ____ 14 points __
__ The Skarzs ____ 14 points__
__ Broof ____ 14 points __
__ Refleckshun ____ 12 points __
__ The Grey Coincidence ____ 12 points __
__ MeadowRabbit ____ 11 points __
__ Matthias720 (judge) ____ 8 points __
__ Nipwort ____ 8 points __
__ Jukka the Sling (judge) ____ 7 points __
__ Jetthebinturong ____ 6 points __
__ Krantor the Brutal ____ 6 points __
__ Campanella ____ 5 points __
__ LT Sandpaw ____ 5 points __
__ Nova Nocturne (judge) ____ 5 points __
__ Sanddunes ____ 5 points __
__ unimaginative ____ 5 points __
__ orangekid3 ____ 4 points __
__ Steelinghades ____ 4 points __
__ Asmodeus ____ 3 points __
__ Wylder Treejumper ____ 3 points __
__ SoranMBane ____ 2 points __
__ Chipster of Noonvale ____ 1 points __
__ Cornflower MM ____ 1 points __
__ Damug warfang ____ 1 points __
__ DelantheWanderer ____ 1 points __
__ Grond ____ 1 points __
__ Lord TBT (judge) ____ 1 points __
__ Tarnfalk ____ 1 points __

[/td][/tr][/table]spotting this valid for 3 pts.
PM Captain Tammo to claim

FINAL REMARKS

OPENING CEREMONIES

The gates of Redwall Abbey had been open for some time now. For nearly three hours, creatures from all around the countryside, all dressed in various masquerade costumes, had been arriving and filing in through the large main gate that faced West. Dusk was approaching, but it only seemed to increase the flow of visitors to the abbey. Despite this, space was plentiful inside the immense embrace of the dusty, red sandstone walls and everybeast found a seat in the lawns between the orchard and the abbey pond. Tables and chairs were laid out, all in front of an elevated wooden stage. Draped along the entire length of the platform stage was a long, green curtain (most likely made from the same fabric used to make the brother and sisters' habits). It was brightly lit by a series of torches, cupped by seashells as only to produce light up onto the stage. Party-goers were waiting anxiously in the crowd for the curtain to open and the event to begin. It was a peculiar sight: dozens upon dozens of masked and strangely dressed creatures of all kinds, laughing, conversing and playing tricks on one another. The very air felt like it were fizzling with merriment, as it should be! Tonight was the opening ceremonies for the first ever Redwall Fall Extravaganza! More than a feast, this was a competition and celebration - the likes of which had never been seen at the abbey before.

Suddenly, a drum began beating and a band started to play a brisk, lively tune. Creatures in the crowd began to cheer as the curtain was opened to reveal a row of masked performers, all dressed up as pumpkins, scarecrows, cornucopias, apples, hay, and a variety of other notable fall features. Together, the troupe stepped in time with the music and broke out into a dance.

It was a whirlwind of paw stomping and swinging about, as costumed critters bound from one stage to the next. Then, one of the dancers - the one masquerading as a harvest moon, found themselves at the front and center of the stage, facing the audience. As if unsure of what to do next, the creature looked about the lawn at the guests in the audience, then began to sing:

Ooh, near and far, from where you are,
we welcome you to this show, bizzare,
where one of you will be named star
of this grand Extravaganza!

From Role-Playing and poetry,
to fan fictions and galleries,
It really is a sight to see,
at this grand Extravaganza!

Where grand debates of history,
meet Seven Strange Tales, Ghos-t-ly,
if you're looking for fun, take it from me,
you're at the Extravaganza!

There are Legends, Myths and Recipes,
book debate especially,
it's the greatest of this century,
it's the grand Extravaganza!

So sit on back or jump on up,
and join me here on stage,
don't matter if you're just a pup,
this is the Extravaganza!

An event that's open to you,
and all your best friends, too,
no need to quarrel nor argue,
at the Fall Extravaganza!

*the music breaks down to just a pounding, lively drum beat before the rest of the band comes back in with gusto*

Now last is the final stanza,
before we start this fun bonanza,
stomp your feet and clap your hand-za
It's the Fall Extravaganzaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

By now the masked creature is on their knees at center stage, panting and grinning ear to ear. They stand up and take a bow. "Thank you everybody. Welcome to the Redwall Abbey Fall Extravaganza! We hope you have a wonderful time this month. Now Let's get this competition started!"

Guests are now welcome to talk amongst themselves or do a performance on stage as they see fit. Remember this is a masquerade! It's okay to share who you are, but keep the spirit of the Extravaganza in mind when you post. To see what events are open, click HERE. Have fun everybody :)
[close]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Captain Tammo

Hopping right into the masquerade and opening ceremonies...

At first it was peculiar to see what looked like a rather small Slagar the Cruel (way too small to be a real fox) waltzing around the dinner tables and making polite conversation with guests like he was, well, a cheery abbeydweller. Though upon closer inspection, it was found to be a costume, though carefully made: a fake snout and neatly woven mask, along with a set of faux fox-ears, all made the head of 'Slagar' come off as very believable. A cloak of suns and moons swept behind the creature as they moved on to a new table, still laughing from their last conversation. Stopping and taking an empty seat from someone who had gotten up to take a stroll, 'Slagar' interjected into an existing conversation, "How are we all tonight? It's me, lads (and lasses)!" Pulling up the mask, Captain Tammo gave a wink from underneath. "What do you think of my costume? You seem to have some pretty great ones yourselves!"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

a crumb

From the shadows of the apple trees emerged......a badger?!

a badger had been walking through quiet and dry places before arriving amid the gathered Abbeydwellers. The creature seemed to be intent on finding someone, or something. An immense bundle of wires seemed to follow the badger around. The sheer degree of falsity that would noticed upon closer examination would certainly take a while to outline. Eventually, this specimen of the largest of all Abbeybeasts circled around to a smaller Slagar the Cruel, who had just lowered his mask. "Very nice, T...errr...lumaris stellarmis, stellaris luminaris. Or however it goes. I came as a badger. Alternatively, you could say I came as a walking embodiment of the concept of irony."

Captain Tammo

'Slagar' clapped his paws together and jumped up from the table, "Bea-u-tiful costume, er, stranger! It must've taken ages to make. Do tell, who are you under that mask, friend?"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jukka the Sling

A mouse-like creature, clad in a green habit and carelessly swinging a knotted rope, leaned back in her chair and grinned at "Slagar" and the badger.  "I really love your costumes!"  She dug her spoon into a berry pudding and stuffed her mouth.  "An' thish food!  Delishioush!"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Nadaz, voice of the host

A small squirrel wear a not very scary looking rat mask jumped down from the orchard trees he ran up to "Slager" and hi fived him."Hey do you have any candied chesnuts I'll trade my flaggon of strawberry fizz for them. What do you say?"
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Captain Tammo

"Thanks, Jukka, er-I mean- FOOL! When you speak to me, you speak to me as Stella Lunaris and... oh, nevermind. Thanks, Jukka." Just then, the squirrel reached 'Slagar'. The rat mask they were wearing, while not quite scary, was charming to say the least.

'Slagar' high-fived them and replied, back in character again, "Ah, a bargain you say? Do I get to keep the flagon, too? It would sell for a good price; it looks to be of silver!" Not actually caring about driving a hard bargain, 'Slagar' took out a small bag from under his cloak. He emptied a few of the contents to show that it was candied chestnuts inside, then tossed the full bag over to Nadaz. "A deal!"

Jukka the Sling

"Mariel" couldn't help laughing as "Slagar" attempted to imitate his namesake's style of speech.  She put her rope in her lap and quickly polished off the rest of the food on her plate, looking remarkably undignified as she did so.  Then she looked around.  Some Abbeydwellers were dancing, some were eating, some were playing games.  All of them looked to be having a great time.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Matthias720

A mouse stumbles in, wearing an poorly-tailored habit. He pauses, adjusts his hare-themed mask, habit cord, and tail before joining the festivities. Stopping first at the buffet table, he grabs an assortment of candied nuts, cheeses, bread, and fruit, before wandering to the first beast he saw. "I say, Mariel, do you fancy the scoff here, wot wot?"

Maudie

A short, portly creature with a mouse mask, a set of clumsily crafted wooden armor, and a wooden sword dished herself a heaping bowl of Deeper Than Ever Turnip 'n' Tater 'n' Beetroot and a large tankard of October Ale. Pushing her mask back, the mole sunk her snout into the ale, nearly inhaling it. "Bo urr, this'm be moighty good, Oi tell ye. Moighty good. 'Tis a feast fit fer Marthen the Worrier 'imself, this'm is. If'n Oi do say so moiself!"
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

"Aye, it's delicious!" Mariel said to the "hare", wiping a sticky paw on a napkin.  She reached for a bowl of blackberry crumble.  "Have you tried this? It's amazing."  She served herself a second large helping and pushed the bowl towards Matthias.

Nearby, a mole wearing armor and a mouse mask was enjoying a large tankard of ale.  Seeing this, sudden inspiration seized Mariel.  Grabbing a nearby tankard of October Ale, she drizzled a bit of it over her crumble.  Both of them were good by themselves, so why not together?  She dug in.

a crumb

"I," said the 'badger' to 'Slagar', "am Lord Brocktree. This costume is also probably too big for me."
At that remark, the 'badger' noticed the wonderful array of food that her friends were engaged with. Eyeing the blackberry crumble, and all other crumbles, the towering costume-clad figure opted for a tankard of October Ale, and a few pieces of candied fruit.

Lady Amber

A squirrel sauntered up to the tables. Or at least, that was what she was under her costume. The mask and outfit she wore made it clear that she was a wildcat, Tsarmina to be exact. She grinned at the sight of all the food and quickly sat down on a bench. "Tsarmina" grabbed a plate and started piling food on it, from pasties to blackberry crumble. She poured herself some strawberry fizz, took a sip and dug into her food, relishing every bite.

Jukka the Sling

Having just finished her blackberry crumble, "Mariel" looked up from her plate and saw that a new creature was sitting near her, dressed as the famed Tsarmina.  "Nice costume!" she called.

Rosie Willowwater

A hedgehog dashed up to one of the tables panting and frantically re-positioning her fox mask which had slid down her snout while she was running. "Sorry I was so late, I had no idea what to wear and I completely forgot that the festival was today" she blurted as she continued to try to fix the rest of her poorly made costume "Did I miss too much?"