News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Favorite "Other" Species

Started by Ashleg, October 10, 2017, 12:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite Reptile?

Snakes
Monitors

Ashleg

We have topics for your favorite vermin and Woodlander species, but how about those that do not fall under a bracket? Birds, snakes, lizards, frogs, seals, bats, whales, fish, an' all that.

My favorite "non-bracketed" species to read about would have to be the frogs, specifically the frogs in tribes. As a frog lover, they're cool, and I like how they are portrayed as this horrendous kind of swamp cult the characters must get away from.

KoudoawaiaVortex

I like the adders. I also liked the golden hamster that showed up briefly in one of the books.

The Skarzs

The adders are my favorite. They're kind of a force of nature.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

a crumb

Seals. They were the very species I wondered about possibly existing in the books when I first read through them, and was quite happy to have an appearance. Probably not practical for a real, serious plot role, but nonetheless fun to have.

Ashleg

I forget--were there narwhals in the books?

a crumb

Quote from: Ashleg on October 10, 2017, 10:38:08 PM
I forget--were there narwhals in the books?

Not if we're talking about Redwall.

The Skarzs

No, but I think there was a dolphin.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ashleg

KoudoawaiaVortex

I think there were dolphins yes. They had a grand ol time trolling the seagoing vermin in The Rogue Crew.

Ashleg

a crumb

Ashleg

So where did these alleged dolphins come into play?

a crumb

As far as I can remember, there was only ever Kweekum and his crowd, in the Legend of Luke.
I cannot even remember what his speech attributes were, if he ever spoke at all.

The Skarzs

Yeah, the LoL. They helped push that craft to give the seal a rest.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.