News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Roleplaying Questions

Started by Rose of Noonvale, July 01, 2011, 06:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose of Noonvale

I have a question. I belong to the warriors cats forums, and there, I use parentheses when out of character. May I use those as well?
Rose of Noonvale's the name :) Also known as Tawnysteps on the warriors cats forums. Luv Redwall, especially the mice characters. Fav book is...Salamandastron. Fav characters, Martin, Matthias, Mattimeo, Brome, Rose of Noonvale, Basil Stag Hare and Mariel Gullwhacker of course! REDWAAAALLLLLLLLL!

Trigoma

im not really supposed to answer but i will lol. to avoid confusion just do OOC. if u absolutly have to use them as in u need to say sumthing in the middle of wut ur typing go ahead and do tht but try to not use them as much. Thanks!

-Andronicus Trigoma-

PS: join our RP its really fun! if u have any questions about it PM me and ill do my best to answer!

PPS: i love warrior cats too lol but enough PSing xD
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zpeakin' o' which, a thread zhoald be made to dezcribe each RP, az if it were the back cover o' the book.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Gonff

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 28, 2011, 05:35:33 PM
Technically, if you want to require good grammar in your rp, that is fine.

Yes, I suppose so, if it is your RP.

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 28, 2011, 03:59:30 PM
Zpeakin' o' which, a thread zhoald be made to dezcribe each RP, az if it were the back cover o' the book.

We could do this too, but the descriptions for each RP are usually at the top of the sign-up for the RP.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah mean zae they can aw be in one place.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Gonff

Oh! Yes, that would be good for new people wanting to join, they can decide which plot they would like to join in on.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Gonff on July 28, 2011, 07:06:27 PM
Oh! Yes, that would be good for new people wanting to join, they can decide which plot they would like to join in on.
I might get around to creating that, but I'm lacking the time for now. I'll take any suggestions on how to lay it out via PM.

And in general, proper grammar, or at least attempted grammar, would be the way to go when roleplaying. Effort in doing so would always be an encouraged function on this forum.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

James Gryphon

Eh, it's no bother to me... I can do it, soon as I get home. I can't yet because I'm typing this on a phone, which is a lot of trouble.
« Subject to editing »

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Okay them, have fun and good luck.

Tiria Wildlough

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if someone wrote a story of a finished RP, so the people who didn't join can see how it went without having to follow it?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I've seen that attempted before, never finished. The rp I refer to was something like 14000 replies in length...

Tiria Wildlough

Wow, that's long.  :o
It might be fun to try, though... :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Icefire

It would be fun to try....I'll keep thinking about that. I might do it for one of the games I'm participating in....MIGHT!
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Trigoma

^ what he said xD

btw the great war of mossflower has an inactive host :O if tht happens is it possible to switch hosts and keep it going? not saying im gonna do it xD but anyone can step in. im to busy for tht sort of thing. but just wondering ;)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah waz wonderin', widnae it be a good idea tae create a topic fer people tae practize in? In other wordz, the plot widnae be az important az the writin' itzelf?