News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Noonvale-Mossflower

Started by Vulpin, December 09, 2011, 08:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthiasMan

Agreed. I just can't help saying but Noonvale seems to be pretty far off from Mossflower. It's just so far.

redwallgurl

yes i think it might just be like the world a bit. a little bit of each continent north south east west. or as it says on the official site it was just his imagantion. or from what ive heard other members say it was like another plante far away untouched by humans
Fun. is a fantastic band.

MatthiasMan

I'd doubt that, because I don't think he was an astronomer.

GeminyaTome

I get the impression that Martin wandered for seasons after the battle at Marshank. He probably wandered for about four-six seasons before ending up in Mossflower.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Ruggarion Lunaro

From what I reckon of the map, I'd say Salamandastron is something like the Malvern hills,before they eroded. (I heard  the Malvern area is what remains of a volcano, which ended in a similiar way to Rum) But if that's the case, that means I live in the sea, along with the whole of Wales. Unless Salamandastron is representative of part of the Welsh mountains, and it would be depicted as a volcano, as that makes more sense as it has tunnels inside of it. And the north mountains is the Peak district. That would explain why the area where Martin the warrior is set would have a thin band of land between one coast to the next, and that the mountain where Boldred lives is representative of the Scottish mountains.
But one thing with the map is the fact that Loamhedge isn't on it, nor does it show any sign of the rift.
But thinking about it, the giant cliff which is the edge of the rift is the Alps, and the river that they have to cross is the Medtterranean sea, and the desert they cross is the Sahara.
Makes sense to you lot?
Our imagination is but a projection of existence.

Lord Gorath

Everything all the way south to the north shore of the Great Inland Lake vaguely resembles Britian's shape.

Lord Gorath

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/Redwall_Map

Go to that link. Look at the very bottom-right corner. You will see a very steep slope, as if a rift were there. I mean, if you think that's a corner fold, then I think you're wrong. Something hidden might be there!

Leatho Shellhound

I have that map it english on my bedroom wall, its great.....but yes it is quite a long trip.....think in one of the books an otter goes from redwall abbey to the northan mountains for some flowers. That was a long trip and that wasn't all the way to noonvale!!!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

321tumbler

The thing about the map was it wasn't in English so I could make out some words, but I was mostly clueless.

Kitsune

Sorry... I have NO idea how far they are... i guess 2-3 seasons would pretty accurate.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: 321tumbler on November 27, 2012, 02:45:22 AM
The thing about the map was it wasn't in English so I could make out some words, but I was mostly clueless.

Yes well I have a map in English, You just have to bye it.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Martin the warrior

he left in summer arrived in mossflower in the winter
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself