News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What year are these books based in?

Started by Redwallfan7, February 17, 2012, 08:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Skipper

Yes, they were based around Medieval which is why they use swords, bows'n'arows ect

Bragoon

Although they do wear some varieties of clothing that weren't invented for several hundred years after the traditional Medieval era. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

redwallgurl

yes it mainly is medival era with some small adaptions along the way to make it more of a better serie
Fun. is a fantastic band.

WildDoogyPlumm

Medieval style, but it takes place over hundreds - possibly thousands - of years.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

Does it matter? (we are talking aoubt when Redwall took place right?) but I'd say Redwall took place about the time of the Renaissance era.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

No, it doesn't really matter, but one could say Redwall itself doesn't matter, since it's fictional.  The point is that we're curious. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Osu

I try not to think about it too much, but when I get going I picture an early medieval era (saaaay... 700 AD onward) with a good handful of Italian Renaissance (1400 AD -ish) and a slight pinch of present day England. :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Dannflower Reguba

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Osu

Dannflower Reguba

Excuse me! I'm 15 1/2 for cryin out loud! I'm no kid!

Bragoon

Age is relative.  Maybe Osu is 75 and deserves to call you a kid.  ;P  No offense to Osu, naturally, you don't sound that old.  

Pfft, I just realized that's totally not what Osu just said to do. 

Osu

I think I'll be an 83 year old man. >8D You are correct, of course. Back on topic.

Who's to say the books don't take place in the distant future, long after man/civilization have run their course? I recall some minimal discussion on this a while back, something to do with something Riggu Felis said about being the only wild cat...