News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What year are these books based in?

Started by Redwallfan7, February 17, 2012, 08:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Osu on March 31, 2012, 02:39:27 AM
I think I'll be an 83 year old man. >8D You are correct, of course. Back on topic.

Who's to say the books don't take place in the distant future, long after man/civilization have run their course? I recall some minimal discussion on this a while back, something to do with something Riggu Felis said about being the only wild cat...
That's actually a really interesting theory.  Which book is Riggu Felis in?  I forgot.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Bragoon

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Osu

I am 93.44% positive there's a topic for this exactly somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Mean time, there was a point in High Rhulain where Kaltag said something to the effect of, 'We're all wild cats here,' and Riggu told her, 'No, your ancestors came from distant lands where they served greater masters' or something like that. I just can't for the life of me recall the quote.... lessee if I can find the original topic. XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DeathRage

I have a feeling that there are humans out there somewhere. The horse and cart from Redwall (not to mention the town dog) as well as Riggu Felis tirade, make it seem like there is something bigger out there.
I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.

Primrosewarrior

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Dannflor

I agree with Skip medieval times about right
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Dannflower Reguba

Medieval-Renaissance period... Kind of in the transition period.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Dannflor

Dannflower Reguba

Dannflor

Dannflower Reguba

Redwall pretty much takes place in between the Renaissance and Midevil times.

redwallgurl

Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

Cool, that would explain some of their accents
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

treu it also had a mixture of many new ideas from when Brian was a kid. i know this becase my grandma is about as old as he and has read some of the books and I've asked a bout some of the crodials and she told me how sometimes her grandmother would make elderberrry cordial and stuff like that too.
Fun. is a fantastic band.