News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

CoMe HeRe WhEn YoU ArE BoReD

Started by Matthias720, June 12, 2011, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

This is a great general discussion thread I picked up from another forum. The format is casual with an emphasis on friendly conversation. Feel free to post about things that happened to you at school, work, or anything that's on your mind. As long as you keep things clean and within forum rules, there aren't any serious limitations; just be respectful of any conversations other people might be having. :)

I'll kick things off.

I work for the college I currently attend, in the computer lab. I was wondering how many other computer techies are out there, and if so, what you do.

The Lady Shael

I am a software engineer working full-time at a communications equipment company. Basically, I do programming all day and I love it. =) I graduated from college last year with a degree in Computer Science.

~The Lady Shael Varonne of Mossflower Country
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/

Matthias720

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 12, 2011, 04:14:21 PM
I am a software engineer working full-time at a communications equipment company. Basically, I do programming all day and I love it. =) I graduated from college last year with a degree in Computer Science.
Cool beans. I figured you would be something like that, running things on RWL and all. ;)

Log a Log Grenn

Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

What are marshmallows made out of?

Log a Log Grenn

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

Quote from: Log a Log Grenn on June 12, 2011, 08:49:42 PM
Marshmallow is a plant 8)
Well then what is the thing that you put on s'mores called? Oh, and please abbreviate my name to "tomatoe" and not "Tina." Thanks though ;)

Log a Log Grenn

Aren't smores just Marshmallow in crackers

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

Quote from: Log a Log Grenn on June 12, 2011, 09:19:33 PM
Aren't smores just Marshmallow in crackers
Yes, a graham cracker with chocolate and a toasted marshmallow sandwiched by another graham cracker, but my question is what is the marshmallow made out of because I am pretty sure that that kind of marshmallow is not a plant.  8)

Matthias720

Tomatoe, I think this article will provide all the info you need. ;)

Flurgy Twinj

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 12, 2011, 04:07:52 PMI'll kick things off.

I work for the college I currently attend, in the computer lab. I was wondering how many other computer techies are out there, and if so, what you do.

I'm not a 'techie' per se, I work as an administrator for a charity so I tend to deal with general office stuff and paperwork and telephone calls all day, but I do use computers a lot, have helped to put a couple of websites together and I have got qualifications in programming so I do understand a little bit about it.  ;)

Had a pretty boring day today though (not working), visited my parents for a few hours, watched a movie, had lunch, came back home, played on Xbox for a while, nothing exciting really.  :)
From tummy ache, soretail and sniffs,
From grunge and whisker cramp,
From wobbly paws, and flurgy twinj,
O keep all in this camp.

Matthias720

Quote from: Flurgy Twinj on June 12, 2011, 11:34:24 PM
Had a pretty boring day today though (not working), visited my parents for a few hours, watched a movie, had lunch, came back home, played on Xbox for a while, nothing exciting really.  :)
Sounds like an okay day to me. :)

Taggerung_of_Redwall

You know....I never imagined reading a random discussion about the origins of each and every marshmallow would be interesting....could write a book, The Origins of Some Infamous Marshmallows.

I dunno, I wouldn't read it.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Spring Breeze

Today the church I go to had a feast at a park and for some strange reason all the little boys found it fun to dump cups of cold water on me.
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Hmmm...my church's VBS is prsently starting this morning....

My body feels like falling really far....mornings aren't for me........
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away