"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Martin's Family

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, July 03, 2011, 06:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabretache5611

Quote from: Icefire on July 04, 2011, 08:42:25 AM
Quote from: Galedeep on July 03, 2011, 06:14:56 AM
Ok, let's get started then! Why do you think it's only Martin that appears in the dreams in the books and not any of the other famous redwall warriors?
SPOILER ALERT!!!
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong...it has been awhile since I've read these specific books...but I think in the Long Patrol most, if not all, the past Redwall warriors (Mariel's included...I know that much!) show up in young Russano's dream to show him who lives and who dies in the battle to come. And in Triss, Trisscar's father showed up with Martin to deliver her a message. I'm almost completely certain others show up as well, but I can't remember who or when. My guess is that Martin shows up most often because he is THE Protector of Redwall.
Does this make any sense? I really shouldn't try to explain things at midnight. :P
Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 04, 2011, 03:37:42 PM
You're mistaken. All the past BADGER LORDS AND LADIES appeared to young Russano, not Redwall warriors.
@Taggerung_of_Redwall
sirrah, u r mistaken, past Redwall warriors do appear in Russano's dream.  Martin, Mattimeo, Martin 2, Dandin sword carrier, Mariel and a few others.   Why don't we all reread the book?
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

@sabretache5611: Reread the books as you so desire, mate. Russano I know did have a dream towards the end of The Long Patrol about past warriors, I couldn't quite remember who appeared to him, no one has. Regardless, Martin was there, which would make me think he took all the warriors there with him, not them being independent in their appearance.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Icefire

I FOUND IT!!! Page 292 of my copy
"Martin Matthias, Mattimeo, Mariel, Gonff, all heroic-looking mice. There were badgers, too, great fierce-eyed creatures with names like Old Lord Brocktree, Boar the Fighter, Sunflash the Mace, Urthclaw, Urthwyte, Rawnblade, and many more...Finally they stood in a group together, pale and spectral, and another joined them. It was Rockjaw Grang, the big hare who had carried and nursed Russano on the long trek to Redwall Abbey. Though he did not speak, the little badger heard his voice. 'Remember us when you are grown, Russano the Wise.'"
I would also say that since Martin isn't the one who speaks in this one, any of them could have come without him.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Aye, I remmeber that. Great moment

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Speaking of which, I do believe the tapestry in Redwall is of Martin's grandfather, and not of him, although someone in The Legend of Luke said they looked similar.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Galedeep

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on July 05, 2011, 07:14:11 PM
Speaking of which, I do believe the tapestry in Redwall is of Martin's grandfather, and not of him, although someone in The Legend of Luke said they looked similar.
What? When was that said?

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The tapestry was originally one of Martin the Elder, which Martin acquired during the quest of The Legend of Luke. He took it to Redwall Abbey, and during the time of Mariel of Redwall//The Bellmaker, it was expanded into a tapestry of Martin the Warrior and his victory in Mossflower.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Captain Tammo

I don't remember that, was just the figure of Martin that of his grandfather? Or was it more?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 05, 2011, 08:23:28 PM
The tapestry was originally one of Martin the Elder, which Martin acquired during the quest of The Legend of Luke. He took it to Redwall Abbey, and during the time of Mariel of Redwall//The Bellmaker, it was expanded into a tapestry of Martin the Warrior and his victory in Mossflower.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I remember reading something like this. Yes.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Icefire

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 05, 2011, 08:23:28 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yeah, that's right. I wish we knew more about Martin the Elder.
What I find interesting is that Martin the Warrior's ancestors were forced out of St. Ninian's by wildcats and then Martin ended up saving Mossflower by defeating the wildcats! Do I have all that right?
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I don't know if it was wildcats who sent out the tribe from Saint Ninian's. Was it?

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 06, 2011, 06:07:54 PM
I don't know if it was wildcats who sent out the tribe from Saint Ninian's. Was it?

Yes it was. Before the wildcats made Kotir. At least that is what I remeber.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

They, which would actually be just Verdauga Greeneyes, didn't build Kotir. Verdaugua's desire that always been to find a ruin and make it is own (as said in Lord Brocktree). That is exactly what he accomplished.

martins#1fan

LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

martins#1fan, could you please make your posts meaningful and have them contribute to the discussion? That post doesn't supply much of anything.