News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

9/11 - 15 years on

Started by Matthias720, September 11, 2016, 04:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonff the Mousethief

I was born two months after 9/11. I remember on the fifth Anniversary, my mom was crying. I didn't understand why, so I asked and she tried to explain it to me. I still didn't understand, but just knew it wasn't good. Today, I was talking to her again about it. She told me she was scared to raise a child after that, and that she knew my life would not be the same as hers in anyway. My dad doesn't like to talk about it, because the stories of the rescue teams going in and saving people brings back memories of when he had to go and save people during Hurricane Katrina. He saw many things that day which still haunt him. Now, I am a very patriotic person, and when 9/11 rolls around, I expect nothing less than for people to respect it. Before Matthias halted the argument, I was about to post somethings which would have gotten me banned from the forum for sure. But today is a day where you don't go around and act the fool and make joke about things. Today is a day for remembrance, honor, and silence. For this day will, and has, defined what my and many other's lives will be; a fight against evil which seems to crumble nations but only builds them stronger. And if you cannot respect that, I don't want to know you.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Verdauga

20 years after the attack. As they say, Never Forget.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

clunylooney

I can't remember anything, but I was raised in NYC and we felt, and still feel I think the scars.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Matthias720

For those of us who are old enough, we will always remember where we were when we heard the news. The world was indelibly changed that day. Never forget!

One-Eye the wildcat

"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

MeadowR

Quote from: Matthias720 on September 13, 2021, 10:47:23 PM
For those of us who are old enough, we will always remember where we were when we heard the news. The world was indelibly changed that day. Never forget!

Indeed.

Wow, 20 years ago now...
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014