"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Star Wars discussion

Started by blindsimeonjtp, October 07, 2012, 03:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 19, 2017, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 18, 2017, 04:18:40 AM
O.O  Even worse than I thought.  You haven't seen even the original trilogy?

I hadn't either until a while ago. Don't rag him too hard.
But how can he not like Star Wars when he hasn't even seen it?

The Skarzs

It's a common human practice called a "pre-concieved notion."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 19, 2017, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 18, 2017, 04:18:40 AM
O.O  Even worse than I thought.  You haven't seen even the original trilogy?

I hadn't either until a while ago. Don't rag him too hard.
I was mostly joking around, and I thought he understood that. XP
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

That I did lass! ;D

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 19, 2017, 05:41:18 PM
It's a common human practice called a "pre-concieved notion."

Quite right! ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

UNKN0WN

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 29, 2017, 05:34:12 PM
I feel like drawing that now.

OOH. Everyone needs to draw themselves as Jedi or Sith.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Delthion on June 28, 2017, 05:03:52 AM
That I did lass! ;D
Good.

Now you have to go watch the original trilogy.  You will probably enjoy it.  Then watch the prequel trilogy.  You will spend some of the time cringing because of the terrible acting and occasional weird plot contrivances (as well as fast-forwarding through cringy smoochy scenes in Attack of the Clones).  Then go watch The Clone Wars show.  It will fix everything wrong with the prequels and you will officially be a Star Wars fan.

I have spoken.

;D

(Also, FYI, I never saw the originals until 2013...)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

BJaqFan

Getting ready to start binging Clone Wars again (well, as much as I can binge on it...I have to get it from the library, since I don't have my own copies yet)...and I just recently finished binging Rebels Season 1 & 2...anyone else looking forward to Season 4 and the recently announced DVD/BluRay release of Season 3?

And what are your thoughts on Ron Howard???  I personally can't wait!

The Skarzs

You can find the Clone Wars show on watch cartoon online, if you don't want to try finding it at the library.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: BJaqFan on June 29, 2017, 06:58:14 PM
Getting ready to start binging Clone Wars again (well, as much as I can binge on it...I have to get it from the library, since I don't have my own copies yet)...and I just recently finished binging Rebels Season 1 & 2...anyone else looking forward to Season 4 and the recently announced DVD/BluRay release of Season 3?
I CANNOT WAIT FOR REBELS SEASON FOUR.  The trailer was so awesome and all my siblings and I were literally screaming when we watched it a few weeks back. :P  Bo-Katan returning?  Kallus and all of them finally relocating to Yavin 4?  CUTE SHIPPY MOMENTS WITH HERA AND KANAN???  I THINK I MAY DIE BEFORE THE FIRST EPISODE FINALLY ARRIVES.

*decides to go rewatch the trailer*

Whoa.  Somehow, I'd either missed or forgotten that Hera flies right through some space station hangar while going to lightspeed, deliberately setting off an explosion. O.O

/endfangirling

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

@Jukka the Sling

Indeed. Lots of stuff teased in the last season seem to be coming to light... TIE Defender... more of the Deathtroopers... and evidently more Thrawn being awesome.

(Empire did nothing wrong)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

Yup.  Thrawn is pretty awesome.

Speaking of that dude, I started Heir to the Empire the other day.  I haven't gotten very far yet, though.  It's interesting to see what the Star Wars canon used to be like.

Hickory

Fairly certain the book is part of the new canon.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Jukka the Sling

You're probably thinking of another book.  Heir to the Empire is part of the Thrawn trilogy, which was written in 1991 and picks up five years after RotJ.  Leia's expecting twins in this book, so that right there rules out its canonicity. :P

Timothy Zahn has apparently written a new canon novel called Thrawn, though.