News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Lands of Ice and Snow

Started by Taggerung_of_Redwall, July 11, 2011, 11:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a crumb

Hmm. Now I think about it, my interpretation of the lands, based on who we know to be from there, would make it the Redwallian Scandinavia, based on the seafaring wolverines being reminiscent of Viking lords and their followers.

Geographically, based on the very limited description, would I believe place it more to the west of the Redwallian England than just north. But I'd still think Jacques would have medieval Vikings/Scandinavia in mind more than anything.

asmodeus

We know wolverines come from the land of Ice and Snow, but sables come from another cold place. RUSSIA. Maybe the Sable Quean came from the land of ice and snow too.
I use arch btw.

The Skarzs

Iceland, Greenland, Canada, Scandinavia, Russia. . . All potential origins.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Krantor the Brutal

To find where this place is, we need to gather all the customs of its inhabitants that we given.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

sunflashtheace

I am still miffed that there was no appearance of a living wolf at all, I was dying to see one but there never was I still think that a wolf could beat a badger lord because a wolf would theoretically be bigger than a badger lord.

The Skarzs

Indeed. It would make an interesting story.
That and a badger versus a wolverine.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Quote from: The Skarzs on February 19, 2018, 01:42:54 PM
Indeed. It would make an interesting story.
That and a badger versus wolverine.

I wonder who will badger him? *ba dum tashhh*

sunflashtheace

or wolf vs wolverine I would pay to see that

The Skarzs

Aye! But we need to see what a wolf could do, first. ;)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sanddunes

I wander if they're bears as well

The Skarzs

Possible, but there has only been one mention ever of bears in the quote "run like a hare and fight like a bear". There aren't any bears in the UK (to my knowledge) but there are in Scandinavia and the Arctic.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Sanddunes

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 22, 2018, 10:51:21 PM
Possible, but there has only been one mention ever of bears in the quote "run like a hare and fight like a bear". There aren't any bears in the UK (to my knowledge) but there are in Scandinavia and the Arctic.

Plus they are to big to fit on a ship

Ashleg

The Skarzs

It's subjective. Like the size of wolves. Ash. I tend to shrink and grow species to make them more able to interact without certain creatures only having to step on, say, a mouse, and it will die. However, bears would still be absolutely huge.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Even in real life, bears can fit on a boat.