News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Libraries

Started by Redwaller, April 15, 2013, 08:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

Since we moved(last summer), we now have access to a huge library with two storeys. It even has English books!!!

I saw three books of Redwall(in english) there: Redwall, Outcast of Redwall, and Long Patrol.

It also has Board Games, movies, cds, and lots of other stuff!!!

And we can borrow up to 8 books at a time.(before it was 5)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on April 15, 2013, 08:37:32 PM
Since we moved(last summer), we now have access to a huge library with two storeys. It even has English books!!!

I saw three books of Redwall(in english) there: Redwall, Outcast of Redwall, and Long Patrol.

It also has Board Games, movies, cds, and lots of other stuff!!!

And we can borrow up to 8 books at a time.(before it was 5)
Lucky you! My library isn't tiny, But it is sort of small. But one atvantege that I have with it that the amount of books you can check out at a time is right now unlimited, as long as you return them, that is ;).

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwaller

Cool!

And we also have a computer catalogue to search for books.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on April 15, 2013, 08:51:18 PM
Cool!

And we also have a computer catalogue to search for books.
My library have about 17 computers at my library, with about 14 of them for both our library catalogue and express internet.

Redwaller

Cool!

They probably have that too, I didn't explore yet. And I wouldn't need the Internet since I have it at home XD

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Redwaller on April 15, 2013, 08:56:50 PM
Cool!

They probably have that too, I didn't explore yet. And I wouldn't need the Internet since I have it at home XD
Yea, I have internet at my house too, but sometimes I use theres when the occasion calls for it.

Buzz_Bumble

Being in New Zealand's biggest city, there are lots of libraries near me. Most are fairly small buildings (plus a mobile van that visits places like resthomes for the ederly), but because they are run by the local council, they are all connected and if one doesn't have the book you want they can get it from another branch for you. They also have an internet-accessible catalogue and booking system, so you can order your books from home.

BUT, I haven't gone to the library in years and don't even have a library membership card (which is free). I already have far too many books to read.

Vilu Daskar

My library has two floors ones under ground  and one ground level it has some computers for playing on and some for looking for books on.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Rusvul

I'm very lucky. I have a four story library only about a mile away from my house. And I know many of the librarians there.

Dawnwing

My library's medium-sized.  Underground level is children's, main level is fiction and movies, 2nd floor is nonfiction and young adult. I like sitting there to study, and I've been involved in quite a lot of stuff there over the years (was part of the teen group that helped design the young adult area, for example.)   They've got most of the stuff I'm looking for, but occasionally I need an inter-library loan, mostly for new books. They also hae a big booksale every summer where people donate stuff and they clear out some older things.  This is where I got most of the Redwall audiobook collection on cassette tape for $1 each.

KitrallStreamrippler

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on April 16, 2013, 02:27:00 AM
I'm very lucky. I have a four story library only about a mile away from my house.
I didn't know that there were four story libraries... The one in my city is two stories, and I thought that was a pretty decent size. It has a good selection, including some of my favorite authors (and two whole shelves full of Mr. Jacques' works). The first story is adults and teens, second story is children's books. :) *sigh* I love libraries...
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Redwaller

Quote from: KitrallStreamrippler on April 16, 2013, 03:40:16 PM
:) *sigh* I love libraries...
Amen!

Since I only went once to get a quick peep(since we had to go to some place to get a paper so we can sign it so they can sign it after then we haveto show them, I couldn't get any books yet), I'll post more information when I go back(probably this weekend)

Firehawke

I've worked in libraries since before I was in high school.  The public library where I live now has a great selection of books, including all of the Redwall books on CD!
I worked at the library at the university in town.  Okay selection of kids books, but only a handful of Redwall books.  And I'm happy to report that my thesis on the series was not in the area that got soaked when the library lost a huge chunk of it's roof last week (if you want to see some sad looking pics, let me know!)
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

cregga rose eyes

The library I go to is smallish, it is primarily made of childrens' books (about half), but it is connected to the other libraries in my area and I can request for books and pick them up at this library. I can check out up to 50 books, which is nice to have if I ever have the need of 50 books  ;)
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Ungatt Trunn

I LOVE librarys! It's one of my favourite places! I could spend days there if I was allowed. So much information, storys, and other content right at my fingertips...*Happy sigh* I just love it!