News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Hummingbirds

Started by Rusvul, May 10, 2013, 01:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willruth

What if a hummingbird and a hare got together in Redwall Abbey?  :o :o

Shock Horror :o :o :o :o :o :o :o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyPug37

I used to see hummingbirds all the time when I was in California.  It was a funny experience, watching them fly around, their tiny wings endlessly buzzing in midair.

@willruth:  I would hate to be the cook at that feast.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

321tumbler

I think a hummingbird in Redwall would be a great idea.

UNKN0WN

Quote from: 321tumbler on March 25, 2014, 12:52:38 PM
I think a hummingbird in Redwall would be a great idea.

I agree though the bird would sound alot like Mickey Mouse.

Cornflower MM

Yeah, he/she probably would......And I don't like Mickey Mouse.

vencelylalas

one best thing to know about hummingbirds is that they can also fly backwards, and are the only group of birds able to do so. also, these hummingbirds are really nice birds since they can fly at speeds exceeding 15 m/s or 54 km/h.

Izeroth

Hummingbirds aren't native to Europe, though, so I imagine that, like all the other non-native animals in the series, they'd come from some exotic, far-away land.

vencelylalas

That would be pretty awesome.

The Skarzs

They're so fast and harmless I don't know if anything would really try to bother with them; besides, they migrate, so a hummingbird wouldn't be the most common of creatures.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

asmodeus

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 13, 2013, 10:27:02 PM
Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on May 13, 2013, 05:06:12 AM
From what I remember, humming birds only live in America (North and South).
In that case, it would be very unlikely that BJ would include them in his stories :( In an interview I saw, he was asked if he would sometime include Racoons in the Redwall series, he (BJ) said: "Nope. Sorry, but I only use characters native to my area"; that area is The United Kingdom. So it would be very unlikely to have them in his strories about Redwall. But that dosn't really matter here. Just saying :-\

Wolverines are in redwall and they live in Alaska and Canada.
I use arch btw.

MeadowR

Seems like even Brian wanted to vary it a little bit. Why not have a few 'exotic' animals coming over from distant lands, eh? :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Captain Tammo

You know, I always imagined that if a hummingbird made its debut in the world of Redwall, it'd use its needle-like beak as a rapier of sorts. Considering they can hover and move in all directions, it could be pretty neat!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Rosie Willowwater

While I do think Hummingbirds would be quite interesting characters, I don't think they fit in with the rest of the species. From what I know, most of the creatures from Redwall usually live in forests or mountains or places like that, and I imagine hummingbirds are a lot more tropical creatures, and I don't think that fits as well with the universe.

The Skarzs

Well, they're migratory. We get hummingbirds where I am during the summer, and the same species goes down to Mexico in the winter.
What I think would make them out of place would the way they act, such fast movements and constant search of food.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Skarzs on December 14, 2017, 11:15:51 PM
Well, they're migratory. We get hummingbirds where I am during the summer, and the same species goes down to Mexico in the winter.
What I think would make them out of place would the way they act, such fast movements and constant search of food.

When put that way, they sound quite a bit like the hares, though. :P Also, for the migratory thing, remember the geese from Triss and the mention of the geese in Mossflower? They were migratory.

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on December 14, 2017, 08:20:13 PM
While I do think Hummingbirds would be quite interesting characters, I don't think they fit in with the rest of the species. From what I know, most of the creatures from Redwall usually live in forests or mountains or places like that, and I imagine hummingbirds are a lot more tropical creatures, and I don't think that fits as well with the universe.

Nah, I live quite near some mountains and it's extremely foresty and I see a lot of hummingbirds at the right time of the year.