Cities

Started by Jack the Quick, July 18, 2019, 08:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack the Quick

Why were there no cities in Redwall? They had castles, forts, abbeys, ships etc. But never once was there a city. Why?
Why do you guys think?
What do you think about cities in Redwall?
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Steelinghades

Quote from: Jack the Quick on July 18, 2019, 08:17:07 PM
Why were there no cities in Redwall? They had castles, forts, abbeys, ships etc. But never once was there a city. Why?
Why do you guys think?

Because Jacques, like a lot of writers, forgot about the big picture because of how invested he was in the small picture, that being redwall and its surroundings, that or he just didn't care. Logically speaking there should be plenty of cities around to provide all those weapons and feed some of those giant armies--like the long patrol, redwall in some cases and the vermin armies. What we were shown in the books wouldn't be enough to actually provide for even half of the armies shown.

Sanddunes

Quote from: Steelinghades on July 19, 2019, 03:40:28 PM
Quote from: Jack the Quick on July 18, 2019, 08:17:07 PM
Why do you guys think?

Because Jacques, like a lot of writers, forgot about the big picture because of how invested he was in the small picture, that being redwall and its surroundings, that or he just didn't care. Logically speaking there should be plenty of cities around to provide all those weapons and feed some of those giant armies--like the long patrol, redwall in some cases and the vermin armies. What we were shown in the books wouldn't be enough to actually provide for even half of the armies shown.

In away I wish we have more information of the Redwall world

The Skarzs

Well, we can always have our own little headcanons.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jack the Quick

Great theories, all!
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Jarky Thistlebrush

Quote from: Sanddunes on July 27, 2019, 11:44:31 AM
In away I wish we have more information of the Redwall world

I understand this, but I don't really want to know more. I mean I don't even want to imagine Redwall cities.
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this: