News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Lutra tries to draw. :-p (updated 10/26/14)

Started by Lutra, July 13, 2013, 01:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

I don't draw, I write. :D  I can write pictures with words, but don't expect me to try and illustrate those things...I'm not that good, and I probably would draw more if I didn't like reading so much.  Too bad books come first in my life.

Anyway, this is the first drawing I've attempted in.....oh, twelve years.  Just felt like trying.  Had to eyeball a picture of an otter for reference.  If I can find my old artwork (from 2001), maybe I'll post some of it.  First I have to find what I did with it. :P  All pencil...I've never liked markers or paint, or even digital programs.

Anyway, my rendition of Tagg from Taggerung.

Mod edit: new stuff at the end... ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Osu

Woo, another artist posting! :D He looks great, Lutra! Especially considering you haven't been into the art scene in over a decade. You should definitely post more! 

(I, too, have that problem of books > everything, haha~)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Leatho Shellhound

That is so cool! Keep up the good work!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Russano the Wise

"But if you really love your friends, they're never really gone. Somewhere they're watching over you and they're always there inside your heart." -Martin the Warrior

phoenixfoden

Thats preety awesome for your first drawing in 12 years! 8)
practice more and more and you will be able to draw otters without a referance  :)

Thomas Barkshield

Redwaller

Wow! That's really cool!

Don't worry about the refference thing, I have to look up pictures a lot to know how they actually look like.

I'd really like to see what they'd look like now!  :)

Lutra

I thank you for the kind comments this morning.  We'll see if I continue to sketch stuff.  It'll only be otters and squirrels since those are the characters I happen to have really enjoyed from the books.  Even 12 years ago I couldn't draw a mouse to save my life, so sorry to all the Martin fans. :D  No mouse art from me.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

No prob.  :)

What I'd really like to see, and is a bit similar to squirrels, is foxes. I love foxes! They're my favorite baddies. So if you ever want to try something else, you could maybe try a fox.  :)

phoenixfoden

Tam and Martin

Those are really neat Lutra!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Really...unique, Lutra! JK, I really like them! :D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Lutra

To answer some requests: badgers and foxes I have attempted in the past, but never was happy with the results.  More practice is necessary if I want to ever tackle another canine creature.  Never say never, but we'll see what I can do.

I drew something else because I have the time for it.  Meet Felldoh on his way to fight Badrang (and the goal was not to draw Marshank :P ).  The enhancement I did on the picture to make it darker actually made it look worse.

Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

phoenixfoden

I love the facal expressions  :) just a tip, when i draw my REALLY  good drawings,i listin to music and plan the scene and charicter poses in my head,30 minutes later ill have a great idea of what it will look like ;)
(badgers arnt canines,theyre mustlids like otters,give them a go!)

Redwaller

Wow! Great! You're indeed good at squirrels!