Redwall animals in real life

Started by MeadowR, August 19, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeadowR

^ Sweet! It's interesting to hear when people had these sightings if they were reminded of certain Redwall characters! :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Blaggut

I saw a snake in our tomato protecting net, heard wan in our front porch, saw one in a hole that I accidentally run over sometimes, and one in the front yard. All before I read redwall.
~Just a soft space boi~

Vilu Daskar

Theres lots of cats and squirrels in our neighborhood
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on August 24, 2013, 05:20:31 PM
Theres lots of cats and squirrels in our neighborhood

Aye ze ootdoor catz rule me neighbor'ood. Ah zink ve ztill dae 'ave zome zquirrelz, but ah 'avenae much zeen zem on ze ground a lot. Ah vonder vhy..."Cough" Catz "Cough"
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dag Downyfur

I've never seen a badger
But I've seen ferrets in captivity
And a dead wild mouse or maybe it was a vole
And captive mice (alive)
And squirrels(all the time)
Never seen a shrew
Never seen a hare just rabbits
Not a hedgehog unless u count seeing them on TV
Captive otters I've seen they are awesome
I've seen a fox
No stoats or weasels
Captive rats I've seen
Bats I've seen (captive and wild) though I could just see the shape in the dark for the wild one
Various birds in Redwall I've seen I think...umm someone said something about a red tailed hawk were they ever in Redwall? Those I see all the time (but not as often as squirrels!)
Doctor Who is epic, so is Sherlock. And many other fandoms, but there's not enough room to list them all in my signature!
"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." -Matt Smith

MeadowR

I've held a few shrews, mice and voles in recent times, because of my male cat bringing them in, to take them back outside to safety while they still can. Fast little critters!

My cat even brought a bat in a few weeks ago! :o A long-eared one which I haven't seen in the wild before. Unfortunately it was dead.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Shadowed One

There are a lot of squirrels in our neighborhood. In fact, some got in our attic so my dad has been shooting them with his pellet gun.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Tiria Wildlough

I once saw a mouse that looked like Martin. (At least, I thought so.) And I've seen otters goofing off just like the ones in Redwall. ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Ungatt Trunn

I've seen all the animals in the Redwall series in real life, except for the Wearet, but that isn't real. ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on September 10, 2013, 09:19:44 PM
I've seen all the animals in the Redwall series in real life, except for the Wearet, but that isn't real. ;D

You've seen a wolverine?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

The Shade

I just saw a bat today, it flew out a cave...pretty cool, though it gave me a fright!
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

Quote from: The Shade on September 12, 2013, 08:45:30 PM
I just saw a bat today, it flew out a cave...pretty cool, though it gave me a fright!
I LOVE BATS  ;D

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

naima

in london there are foxes everywhere... i'm not a city person, and i really hate london, but one of the true joys i have with living here is being able to go out into the tiny little park behind my flat and watch the foxes playing with eachother.

when i lived in cambridge, i could feel confident that after just a couple of minutes walking, i would see a hedgehog... perhaps the most beautiful of the redwall animals?

there's a pine marten in mossflower, i forget his name now, and the book is too far across the other side of the room... i heard some pine martens being attacked by herons in a forest way up in the north of scotland.
it was the strangest thing today
i studied footprints in abandoned pathways
'neath forgotten undergrowth something stirring again
you were a single red blood cell and I lost you in this knot of capillaries
but you were bringing me oxygen when I needed it most in the smoke

(frank turner)

Faiyloe

I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?