News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Scary or Disconcerting Moments in Redwall

Started by MeadowR, August 30, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

When I first read Redwall, the parts with Asmodeus freaked me out. I was younger then. :-\
Gotta agree with HeadInAnotherGalaxy about the snakes in Triss. They were creepy. :o
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on August 31, 2013, 10:24:43 PM
The doomwyte cavern!
That was probably the most scariest! The boiling lake at the middle of the cavern and the heap of decaying bones *shudders*

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

rachel25

What about in Triss when creatures were out in the woods and the snakes were coming  :o

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: rachel25 on September 03, 2013, 05:12:56 PM
What about in Triss when creatures were out in the woods and the snakes were coming  :o

Zat vaz bazically vot ah zaid. Creepin' up, ze zmell fillz yer noztrilz, an' zen...GULP!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tiria Wildlough

I was really creeped out while reading that. :o
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Banya Streamdog

I thought Gulo was pretty scary when I first read Rakkety Tam. Also the Wearet from The Rougue Crew!
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

rachel25

I agree like in Rakkety Tam when they found the half eaten squirrels  :-X

Faiyloe

I have got to say that was the scariest most disconcerting seen in the entire series.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Osu

Here's another one for the snake siblings in Triss. Right before they were introduced, when the dibbuns, and Crikulus and Malbun, encountered them... we didn't know what they were but we knew the characters were being hunted... I was impressed. It was pretty creepy!

Another scene with some creep factor is in Pearls of Lutra, when the abbot comes out on deck after the massacre, and there's nothing but fog... bodies... surrounded by ocean... and he's all alone... I found it unsettling. Fantastic writing.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

In Lord Brocktree, the way Ungatt Trunn died really struck me. Really struck me. As painful...and as sad :'(... ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rusvul

How about every single scene with Gulo or any of his cannibal army. Freaks me out as much as anything. Rakkety Tamm is the only Redwall book I actually dislike.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2013, 10:28:07 PM
How about every single scene with Gulo or any of his cannibal army. Freaks me out as much as anything. Rakkety Tamm is the only Redwall book I actually dislike.
I like Rakkety Tam, but the sceans with Gulo and his hoard "eating" or had just eaten were...scary.

WildDoogyPlumm

Hey, it's supposed to be terrifying!
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 11, 2013, 01:53:43 AM
Hey, it's supposed to be terrifying!
Oh, yea..right. ;D