News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Martin's death

Started by GeminyaTome, July 30, 2011, 04:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Thought

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 30, 2013, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: GeminyaTome on July 30, 2011, 04:33:02 AM
Did Brian EVER say exactly how Martin died? I know that Martin died outside of Redwall, but is it still a mystery?
We don't know if he died in or outside of Redwall. The books don't really make it clear.

Personally, I don't think Jacques was done with Martin the Warrior, hence why we had a lead to a secret quest from the journals to Doomwyte and no concrete "he died because of this" statement.  I mean really, you would think from all the recordings in Redwall they would have written down Martin's cause of death somewhere... it's just interesting. 

I think he did die from natural causes within Redwall; however, after he had one last ever wonderful, ever silenced adventure.  ;)

But then again, Jacques doesn't talk about Matthias' death, or even Mattimeo's for that matter... perhaps he just chooses not to discuss this in his works.

Shadowed One

I know it is not officially a Redwall book, but the fanfic "The Sword and His Flowers" by Free Thought says he died of a broken heart. I know it is a fanfic, but it does seem possible.

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on March 31, 2012, 11:59:40 AM
Quote from: danflorreguba on March 29, 2012, 10:25:14 PM
I was so mad when Rose died! >:(
I'm gonna get yelled at a lot for saying this, but...
I didn't really care about Rose.  Or her death.
I was sad when Felldoh died.

Rose wasn't'tmy favorite character, but it was rather sad when she died.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

This is something that somebody should wright a Fanfict about!

Life is too short to rush through it.

CrazyPug37

There probably is one, somewhere.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Shadowed One

Yeah, read "The Sword and His Flowers" by Free Thought. It is not entirely about that, but it has a part about Martin's death at the end.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 22, 2013, 01:53:31 PM
Yeah, read "The Sword and His Flowers" by Free Thought. It is not entirely about that, but it has a part about Martin's death at the end.
Can you post a Link to it? I tried to search for it in the search engine, but it brought up no results.

Leatho Shellhound

I sent it to you in a pm
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

CrazyPug37

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 22, 2013, 01:53:31 PM
I've got to read it.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Tam and Martin

It's a really neat story

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on May 23, 2013, 11:42:28 PM
It's a really neat story
Yes, its great!
WARNING: if you deside to read it, be warned! Its has some pretty mature content in it, just to say.

Shadowed One

Yes, but it has warnings in the chapters with rated M content.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 24, 2013, 01:26:02 PM
Yes, but it has warnings in the chapters with rated M content.
I know, just giving you guys a head start on it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Free Thought on April 01, 2013, 02:18:04 AMPersonally, I don't think Jacques was done with Martin the Warrior, hence why we had a lead to a secret quest from the journals to Doomwyte and no concrete "he died because of this" statement.  I mean really, you would think from all the recordings in Redwall they would have written down Martin's cause of death somewhere... it's just interesting. 

I think he did die from natural causes within Redwall; however, after he had one last ever wonderful, ever silenced adventure.  ;)

But then again, Jacques doesn't talk about Matthias' death, or even Mattimeo's for that matter... perhaps he just chooses not to discuss this in his works.

Ah think Brian Jacques left zome zingz az myzteriez zae ve could enjoy vonderin' aboot zem.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.