Favorite Character?

Started by Lady Cregga, February 23, 2015, 03:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainRocktree

Gonff all the way! He would be my top favorite.. But there's so many others!  :P

For example:

Skipper (I like them all  :P)
Any of the badgers
Martin
Dinny
Finnbarr
Tam
Taggerung etc etc etc..
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Delthion

Mattimeo
Matthias, (from Mattimeo not Redwall).
Rakkety Tam
Armel (may have developed a tiny crush on her in years gone by. No more though).
I am not thinking of any others.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Vilu Daskar

I don't like Mattimeo or Matthias.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Vilu Daskar

I just don't like them or the books they're in.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

James Gryphon

You said that already. But what don't you like about them?
« Subject to editing »

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: James Gryphon on August 27, 2015, 05:48:54 PM
You said that already. But what don't you like about them?
I don't really know why now that I think about it. When I first read the books they're in they were fine but after I read the others I didn't like them any more.

Stellamara

Matthias
Jess Squirrel
Warbeak
Florian Dugglewoof Wilffachop
Blaggut
Martin

And those are just ones I can come up with off the top of my head! Every book has characters that I love to read about and revisit, even the villains. For example, I loved Queen Silth's hoard in Marlfox, because the premise of a villain wanting to surround themselves in wealth and luxury at the labor and expense of honest creatures was quite novel for the Redwall universe, but certainly rooted in historical context. And though she's sometimes called a Mary Sue, I really liked Songbreeze from Marlfox as well, but
Hidden Text
I definitely raised an eyebrow when she was made Abbess at the end of the book.
[close]
It was just so RANDOM.

Marthimeo

I think I'd have to say Mariel, she was usually so calm and I really enjoyed reading about her

Rosey

I can't just give one answer....
Taggerung/Deyna, Matthias, Laterose, Lord Brocktree, Dotti - and SO many more
Rosey -
Ever tried Redwall nutbread???  If not PM me... It will change your morning life :)

Frank Clydth

Sunflash the Mace or either Janglur Swifteye.
"Madder than midwinter, stronger than a four-topped oak, temper like lightnin', full 'o the Bloodwrath."- Russa

sunflashtheace

mine is ummmmmmmmmmmmm....................................... Oh ya sunflash the mace

Ashleg

Ashleg's top picks
(In no order.)

-Cluny
-Gabool
-Vilu Daskar
-Ashleg
-Sawney Rath
-Gruven
-Vitch
-Tsarmina
-Veil
-Nadaz
-Araltum

And least boring heroes,
-Matthias
-Tagg
-Mattimeo
-Bucko
-Brocktree

Eila Wanderstream

For some reason I really couldn't like Mattimeo for a while..... His tendency towards childish selfishness was too much. I like him better now, though, and when he just stared as the slaver literally broke a branch from beating him.... that's a cool scene.
I've always loved otters. They're swift, lethal, and totally lovable idiots. Among my favorites are Finnbar Galedeep, Leatho Shellhound, Tagg (though I didn't like him as much when he became Deyna), Shad (if he's the one who got the flowers off the mountain from the eagle, pretty sure 'twas him), Mask...... I could go on. ;)
Among a few of my favorite vermin: Rasconza the fox, definitely Shadow, and of course Tramun Clogg. The golden fox with flat eyes from Tagg's book always appealed to me, as did the guy from Eulalia. Foxes make great villains.
And of course Balefur and Rockjaw Grang, because the Highlanders' accents are the best thing to occur in this or any other universe. Doogy Plumm is on that list too.
SO MANY CHOICES!!! :o

Eila Wanderstream

I'm so ashamed, I forgot crazy Folgrim!