News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

That ___ moment when...

Started by Søren, April 06, 2015, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Sounds very frustrating.

That shocking, my-entire-life-is-a-lie moment when you find out that Nellie Oleson never actually existed and is actually a combination of three different girls Laura Ingalls Wilder knew.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

That awesome moment when you can't dig up any dirt on a celebrity you recently began admiring, and find out in addition that said celebrity is deeply religious.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

That annoying moment when someone tells you part of something, but just enough to not satisfy. (A.K.A. More information is required!) ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

(Are you talking to me or just making a general statement?)

Ashleg

That startling moment when whoever made your school food accidentally let some spicy pepper slip into there and you accidentally eat it.

Delthion

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on October 20, 2017, 05:30:12 PM
(Are you talking to me or just making a general statement?)

Talking to you. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

@Maudie  No, I already knew that one. ;D

I was actually thinking of Ashley Eckstein, who voices Ahsoka in two Star Wars shows.  She seems like a really nice person, and she has her own geek girl clothing company, Her Universe.  The other day, I found out she and her husband are devout Catholics, so that was pretty awesome (even though I'm not Catholic, just so that's clear for those who don't know me).

Also, today I found out that James Arnold Taylor, the voice of Obi-Wan on Clone Wars, is a devout Christian as well.  He shares Bible verses on social media a lot.

It's so rare to find truly admirable mainstream Christian actors these days, so I always get excited when I find one! XD

Andy

That weird moment when you come across people discussing relationships and remember that the only people who ever wanted to date you both did so because they thought it'd be fun to hurt someone who seemed vulnerable at the time and that they both left you for cismen because your broken corpse you were already insecure about wasn't good enough for them and one of said people had even tried to force you to be more feminine for years even though it totally wasn't you at all and then at the end pretty much flat out told you that you just weren't man enough for her and proceeded to accuse you of emotionally abusing her when everyone could see it was actually the other way around and you realize that while this stuff has impacted your life that you don't really feel anything about it anymore other than detachment, like it happened to someone else.
Only actions can speak the truth.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zat extremely odd moment vhen roight in ze middle o' zat pozt zat ye zink could be conzidered tae may'apz be zummat intereztin' zuddenly, und vizoot any varnin' abruptly zt-
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Ashleg

That confusing moment when HIAG speaks...我不说中文

Cornflower MM

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on October 30, 2017, 08:41:11 PM
Zat extremely odd moment vhen roight in ze middle o' at pozt zat ye zink could be conzidered tae may'apz be zummat intereztin' zuddenly, und vizoot any varnin' abruptly zt-

*Claps* Good one, Headdy. ;D

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zat irritatin' moment vhen ye 'ave tae gae und ztudy fer tva quizzez on ze next day.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Jukka the Sling

That amazing moment when you're at Toys 'Я' Us, which is going out of business, and you find the exact thing you want (Disney Infinity Ahsoka and Anakin figurines) for only $1.26!  (It's a starter pack that includes the game and everything, which I don't even want. XD)