"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

[RECIPE] Great Hall Cake

Started by Wylder Treejumper, May 08, 2015, 05:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

From The Redwall Kitchen

Great Hall Cake

-Two cups of Arrowroot and Pollen Flour (Wheat Flour)
-Chopped Chestnuts
-Honeyed Damsons
-Sugared Violets
-Raspberries
-Flaked Beechnuts
-Dried Plums
-Rosehip Syrup
-Wild Buttercup Cream (Meadow Cream)
-Blackberry Cream
-Almond Paste
-Half a cup of Greensap Milk (Soybean Milk, or a regular cup of cow's milk)
-Candied Maple Leaves
-4oz.(125g) Butter
-4oz.(half cup) Sugar
-2-3 eggs
-pinch of salt
-pinch of baking soda

Mix the butter and sugar together until creamy. Then, put in the flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix together. Pour in the milk and mix. Add half of the flaked beechnuts and about 10 honeyed damsons. Mix. Take your pan, and butter it. Place the raspberries and the honeyed damsons in neat lines. Bake in a 350 degree oven. Repeat to make two cakes.

Once they are firm and cool, slice each cake longways two times. On the bottom layer of the first cake, spread some rosehip syrup lightly across it. Put the sugared violets on it. Place the next layer (of the first cake) lightly on top and spread with blackberry cream. Sprinkle with candied maple leaves. Next layer (of the second cake) placed lightly on top, and spread with almond paste and scatter the rest of the flaked beechnuts on top. The last layer, spread wild buttercup cream on top, some chopped chestnuts, and some rosehip syrup to give it a light pink color. This is very sweet, so drink some milk with it.

This recipe was contributed by Strawberri Redfur.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.