News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Foreign Intrusion OOC

Started by The Skarzs, May 09, 2015, 09:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

It is a time in Mossflower, where the land is experiencing an age of peril and distrust. Vermin are a commonplace, attacks aren't unheard of, and every beast is on their guard. Salamandastron is hard-pressed to do what they can to help with the Long Patrol, and Redwall has become a place of refuge, though it is unclear whether or not they will be able to last the coming winter.
 Despite these troubles, the creatures of Redwall still do what they can to keep their home running normally: Harvests were fruitful, timber and other supplies were brought in by travelers looking for a safe place, leaving no shortage of volunteers to help. No vermin group has made any attempt to try to take Redwall, much to Abbess Henff's relief, and the hedgehog urges everybeast beast to just do their best to keep everything calm and peaceful.
 But now the eye of the onlooker must turn away from the troubles and trials of the land of Mossflower, and off to the horizon of the Western Sea, for the winter waves bring more danger to the land, but perhaps even some aid. . .

Why is it that every role-play I've started has sunk into worthlessness? Must be me.
 Anyhow. . . Hello! I'd like to try my paw at an RP again, this time having in it some elements of the last one: Welcome to the Barkhills. I don't see that one emerging again, so the decision has been made for a new one to arise. I'll be updating this topic a little later with more information.

Some of the species in this RP are from a foreign land, and are allowed if they are from the Barkhills; the following is a list of them, as well as their sizes in comparison to other creatures. Spaces left blank indicate a gap in the heights.

-Cougar, wolf
-
-Coyote, bobcat, lynx
-Sea otter
-Porcupine
-Wolverine, badger
-Raccoon, beaver
-Otter, fox
-Opossum, skunk
-Ferret, weasel, mink, marten
-
-Squirrel, rat, muskrat
-Chipmunk, mouse
-Shrew, mole

Name and/or title:
Species: (Unless they are native to Redwall, please have them approved by me)
Appearance:
Personality:
Weapons:
History (optional):
Side (Neutral is acceptable, but they must pick a side eventually):
Other:

My Characters

Name and/or title: Karn Warcat
Species: Cougar
Age (Human equivalent): 34
Native land: Barkhills
Appearance: Well-built, muscular; gray-brown fur; ice-blue eyes; left ear has a large nick out of it. Wears steel armor over a gray tunic. One large fang sticks out over his lower lip. Has a scar running from his forehead along the side of his snout to end at the bottom of his cheek.
Personality: Usually friendly; has a serious streak in him. He will lay down his life for his friends, family, and lord. Is very strategic and tries not to rush into things, though sometimes his decisions must be made very quickly.
Weapons: Double-bitted war axe, dagger.
History: A tough Barkhillian, Karn had always been a promising creature to be a soldier. After much experience and proving his worth, he was given the honor of being a Commander, the top rank one could get. Now he was sent after the following character to chase him down and bring him to justice for his crimes.
Side: The Barkhills, but since he is away from his country, for the good creatures.
Other: Is in command of a section of the Hammer Warriors, an elite fighting force in the Barkhills.

Name and/or title: Vrungin
Species: Wolf
Appearance: Tall and sinewy, with gray fur. His eyes are a dark orange, and the lip on the right side of his face is ripped permanently open from a wound long ago. Wears the tough hide of a bear as his clothes and armor.
Personality: Clever and sharp, Vrungin is an eloquent speaker and master planner. Not much goes unnoticed by him. He will not settle for defeat, and holds a grudge indefinitely.
Weapons: Straight saber, two curved daggers and a bow which he only uses on some occasions. Enjoys walking around with an iron cane.
Occupation: War criminal, the defeated enemy of the Barkhills and now a fleeing convict.
History: Vrungin grew up in a strict family, and it made him who he was. He had been slowly growing in power for years, holding a large force of creatures and land, but after his sound defeat after an attempt to control the Barkhills, he took what was left of his army and fled, intent upon either finding a new land to take as his own, or amassing another army to exact his revenge upon the Barkhills.
Side: His own- the destruction of opposition and the setting up of his own power.
Other: His army consists of all sorts of creatures, from cats to mice; he believes the diversity gives him an edge.
[close]

Good vermin are accepted, though they would mostly come from Karn's force. Bad "good beasts" are also acceptable, from mostly Vrungin's army.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

Name: Woodwing
Species: Owl
Native Land: Mossflower
Appearance: A large, spotted owl with golden eyes
Personality: Fierce and merciless to most, but loyal to his friends
Weapons: His powerful talons
History: Having lived in Mossflower Wood for many seasons, Woodwing is old enough to remember the time of plenty. Once neutral to the Redwallers, Woodwing has been forced to prey upon them due to a shortage of other food.
Side: Neutral, though he frequently antagonizes the Redwallers
Other: N/A

The Skarzs

Interesting; he's accepted.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Dannflower Reguba

WHOO! It's up!  :D No bears?  :'(

Phlame the Ashen
Name and/or title: No beast knows his actual name, he goes by Phlame the Ashen

Species: Grey Squirrel... But he's no native.

Appearance: Being a grey squirrel, he's naturally larger than most other squirrels.

Fur: Jet black, orange underbelly

Eyes: Orange rimmed with a larger central black disk. The right eye has an intruding
scar on the top down to the center that has caused a blood red flare.

Clothes: He wears a large, thick tunic with a hood that usually conceals his eyes when used, as well as thinner, long-sleeved under-shirt. He also wears trousers, a pair of bark gauntlets, and thin, guarded boots. The original color of his clothing is guessed to be black with the fur fringing (did I forget to tell you that the tunic was made out of fur? silly me) a dusty gray. It is guessed because it has been so smeared with soot and ash that nobeast can really say for sure.

Distinguishing marks: He has several flame orange/yellow/red marks. Some are natural, others are artificial. There is one on the right side of his head that seems to drive right into where the scar is located. He has gotten his nickname from these marks.

Personality: What is known of it would suggest that he's somewhat sadistic and crazy, he has an obsession with fire, and is very frighteningly in-tune with it. Encounters with Phlame yet to fail to leave questions in the minds of those he's come in contact with.

Weapons: Besides his body, he's can be quite creative with his surroundings. His attunement with fire has often gotten him labeled as a pyromancer, and he uses it with deadly effect.

A twisting staff that has soaked in resins and concoctions that have hardened it and made it immune to corrosion, flames, and other such troublesome problems.

He carries a short sword (Hades Invitation) which he keeps on his back strapped right shoulder to left waist.

Appearance
[close]

He also harbors a set of small throwing knives, several of which are hidden within the folds of his tunic.

History (optional): If anybeast knows, they're long dead.

Side: Phlame serves none, his allegiance is unsteady, and his priorities are prone to wonder... If I had to say, I'd say his alignment is with fire, as it is his one and only true friend.

Other: Phlame is fast, and though he's unsound in the mind, he's got a disturbing knack for stealth. He speaks with a noticeable, but not thick Irish accent... Finding it really hard to type, so if slip into normal English, my apologies. >.<
[close]

I believe that's everything.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lady Ashenwyte

Name and/or title: Henri the Chivalrous.
Species: Cougar.
Native land: The Barkhills/Mossflower.
Appearance: He is tall, and has eyes that are blue and green. He wears a brigandine with his family crest on it, which is an eagle locked in battle with a winged serpent. He wears a bascinet with a metal stag on the top, a last memory of his old life.
Personality: He has a good sense of humour, and jests often. He is chivalrous, and will put his life on the line for his friends.
Weapons: A flanged mace, a heater shield, and a crossbow with bolts. He also has a conch shell horn.
History: His grandsire sailed from the Barkhills to the coast, establishing a little village near the coast. During his father's reign, his village was razed by seavermin, who slew his sire, and killed many. He was one of the few survivors of the slaughter, and escaped with his weapons. He found his brigandine in the ruins of his village which he visited once. He then travelled to Mossflower and lives as a wanderer, hoping to visit Redwall Abbey someday.
Side : Good.
Other: He believes that women cannot fight.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ashleg

Name and/or title: Regan
Species: Badger
Native land: Mossflower
Appearance: She is very androgynous looking and smaller (not shorter) and more lanky than most badgers. Her eyes are yellow and she has large ears.
Personality: She is spunky and has a dark sense of humor, but she means well. Sometimes she needs others to help her do the right thing. Regan, despite not having a mean streak, is quick to anger.
Weapons: A battleaxe, and (sometimes) a rolling pin that she stole from a kitchen when she was little.
History (optional): Will develop in the roleplay.  ;)
Side (Neutral is acceptable, but they must pick a side eventually): Vrungin's side
Other: She doesn't yet realize that her side is the evil one. She thinks they're doing what's best for everyone.

The Skarzs

@Dan: Nope, the bears shall stay where they are. And Phlame is accepted.

@Ash: Erm, deer are eaten for food. :P

@Scar: Badgers aren't native to the Barkhills, but the rest of her is fine.

We need some Mossflowerians, people!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Okay, she's native to Mossflower but moved to the Barkhills.

Lady Ashenwyte

Ehm, ach. I'll change it to a Cougar then, if possible.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Alright.

Quote from: Scartooth on May 10, 2015, 08:11:37 PM
Okay, she's native to Mossflower but moved to the Barkhills.
Well, it's quite a distance away, just for your information.

More than one character is alright.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Hickory

Name/title: Named (pronounced "Na-med")
Species: Lynx
Native Land: Er.... Mossflower, but he's a traveling mercenary who arrived in the area a season ago.
Appearence: (whoa, just Googled "Lynx" for Google Images. They look awesome!) Dark brown fur, perfect for camoflauge.
Personality: Little humor, reclusive, but once you have him as a friend he's friend for life.
Weapons: Longsword
History: N/A
Side: He's a mercenary. Whoever gets to him first earns his loyalty!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

redwallgurl

I'm so ready to get back into RP!

Name and/or title: Igna
Species: otter
Native land: Rivers in Mossflower
Appearance: Light brown fur with a darker tail. She's also got brown eyes.
Personality: She's very protective over the inhabitants of Mossflower and is willing to stand up for them no matter what the cause. However she is nervous when stepping up for full responsibility.
Weapons:Dagger and sling
History (optional): Parents died at a battle in Mossflower and she ended up in Redwall where she helps the best she can.
Side (Neutral is acceptable, but they must pick a side eventually): Mossflower/Redwall
Other: I may be bad so let me get in to the swing of things
Fun. is a fantastic band.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.