News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Vermin young?

Started by Leatho Shellhound, January 12, 2013, 10:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrrrr

Vermin names?

Just take the first several first letters of the first several words that you see.

After you pick them, you put them into an anagram machine and see which one sounds good.

Example:

maswosg

becomes

Wagmoss

That sounds like a ratty name.

Maybe...
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Eulaliaaa!

Quote from: Faiyloe on April 21, 2015, 11:29:16 PM
It could be a culture thing... We don't mention allot of things like the fact that we take the sir name from the husband. it is just natural and we don't even think about it. (Don't now go off on a tangent saying that people don't always do that It was just an example) Perhaps the vermin change their name when they get older like a coming of age thing. A way to say that they are independent and no longer need their parents or any connection to them.

Remember in Taggerung the stoat named Gruven? Antigra (his mother) was going to name him Zann, but Sawney Rath made her change his name to his father's. Gruven kept his name his whole life. Even when he earned the title of Zann, he was called Gruven Zann Juskazann.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

rrrrr

Hmm...Interesting...

Maybe every tribe has different naming customs.
rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

The Skarzs

Not all vermin were in tribes.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Hickory

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on April 22, 2015, 03:08:58 AM
Quote from: Faiyloe on April 21, 2015, 11:29:16 PM
It could be a culture thing... We don't mention allot of things like the fact that we take the sir name from the husband. it is just natural and we don't even think about it. (Don't now go off on a tangent saying that people don't always do that It was just an example) Perhaps the vermin change their name when they get older like a coming of age thing. A way to say that they are independent and no longer need their parents or any connection to them.

Remember in Taggerung the stoat named Gruven? Antigra (his mother) was going to name him Zann, but Sawney Rath made her change his name to his father's. Gruven kept his name his whole life. Even when he earned the title of Zann, he was called Gruven Zann Juskazann.
"earned"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Leatho Shellhound

Yes, and in some cases they add on a name that they got from circumstances or battle wounds like Reynard Chopsnout (The Legend of Luke), Plugg Firetail (Triss) and Vizka Longtooth (Eulalia!). Their first name seems to be given them by their parents while their second is something they gave them selves later.

And all though less common, it is also true with some Redwallers, like Corksnout Spikkle (Doomwyte), in which case it's his first name that got added on when he was older.

And sorry for the confusion between Chopsnout and Corksnout....
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

asmodeus

through this whole thread the discussion has never touched on wildcats. Some, like Gingivere and Julian were good, but most, including Riggu Felis and Tsarmina, were evil.
I use arch btw.

The Skarzs

True.
But I guess that comes back to nurture versus nature, and why they turn out the way they do.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

clunylooney

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on January 12, 2013, 10:49:34 PM
Have you ever asked your self where are the vermin young, they have to be babies at some point. The only ones I can think of are Veil (The Outcast of Redwall)  Vitch (Mattimeo) And the little band of vermin young in (The Rogue Crew)
I always thought Vitch was a full grown rat. Just stunted in growth.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me