OOC: Siege on the Mountain (Open)

Started by Cornflower MM, July 16, 2015, 11:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Ships are coming to attack Salamandastron! The mountain is in dire shape - No badger lord, most of the hares are either in their teens or at least fifty seasons old - The other hares were killed by a strange sickness.  What are the hares to do? And when they get the news that the vermin horde coming by ship is headed by a Wearet, things start looking dire.

The older hares are sending some of the youngest out in pairs to gather help from the local creatures and from Redwall Abbey, but their hopes are not high. After all, the Abbey creatures aren't very skilled in fighting, and the local otters, squirrels, and shrews were attacked by the sickness as well.

The day the RP starts, the runners are coming back. Some of them are bringing locals, some are bringing Redwallers, and two of them are leading a badger!

Well, look! Another RP! What do you guys think of it? Here's some more info. . . .

RULES:
Three characters max!

If you're going to go inactive without warning, I'll dish out your characters and give you a kick in the tail when you get back. No exceptions. If I have to, I will take on your characters myself.

Your character must be one of the locals, from Redwall, or from Salamandastron. (Locals who like to travel around the mountain area are fine)

Characters not in the series are fine - But please, nothing too huge like a bear or wolf. Just, please.

Aaaand let's remember to play by the RP board rules, too. Let's review real quick:
No GMing.
No PPing unless it's agreed upon.
No swearing.
Play nice!

Those are the biggies, if you don't know the rest kindly go read them.

POSITIONS AVAILABLE

Now, those of you who want to play the 'big' roles, like the badger: I'm only going to approve your 'big' character if you're quite active and I can count on you to be active. This RP is not going to die because some personpopped in for three days, got the character, and never does anything with s/he again. Here's the available positions:

MOUNTAIN DEFENDERS

Badger - I'll take the badger myself UNLESS someone who will be ACTIVE or can give me advance notice to their absence; AND it must be someone who will ask me if such-and-such is alright (Thru PM or whatever.) instead of having a surprise attack I didn't know about or plan for or doing something like sending spies. You get the idea.

Salamandastron hare (The hare's ages should be in their teens [Anyone younger than 14 will be a runner, and that will be pointless because I'm not really planning on needing runners.] or older than. . . Let's say 45. A few in between will be fine - Will be necessary, really - But only a few.)

Redwaller (If you take a Redwaller, I hope you know what you're getting yourself into. But then again, I suppose the mountain will need their non-fighting skills. Not too many Redwallers, either. They're a peaceful bunch, remember?)

Local (Any age - Except younger than 14, please - and any species. I'll even accept a few 'good' vermin!)

THE HORDE!

I'll take the Wearet myself UNLESS someone who will be ACTIVE or can give me advance notice to their absence; AND it must be someone who will ask me if such-and-such is alright (Thru PM or whatever.) instead of having a surprise attack I didn't know about or plan for or doing something like sending spies. You get the idea.

Horde Captain - Second in command ONLY to the Wearet; Each orders 200 Privates (There will be three available Horde Captains. If we don't get three, big whoop.) I DON'T THINK ANY ARE LEFT; I MIGHT BE WRONG, THOUGH! If you would to be a Captain, you'd better hurry it up.

High Private - Above privates, yet below Horde Captains. Two High Privates to each Horde Captain. [Yes, this a very military efficient horde. Hush.] (Six available - Again, if we don't get six, la-dee-dah, I'll figure something out.)

Privates: Lowest horde position, these guys make up the bulk of the horde. UNLIMITED! Yay!
[close]

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Species:
Weapon/s:
Appearance:
Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed):
Personality:
History (Optional, does not have to be twenty million words long. But it must be at LEAST one paragraph.):
Other:

That's about it, isn't it? :) I will put up my characters later.

Characters!

My characters
Name: Arya Brushtail
Species: Squirrel
Weapon/s: Two daggers
Appearance: Light reddish fur, Arya has dark green eyes, with a black nose, and ears. Slightly taller than average height for adult female squirrels, yet definitely more clumsy.
Clothes: Moss green tunic, belted with braided grass. Arya keeps her twp daggers sheathed at her waist, held by the belt. (One dagger on each side.) Wears sandals and also a small tan hat.
Personality: Sassy, short-tempered, sarcastic and slow to trust, Arya isn't the easiest person to get along with. But once you're her friend, she is one of the most loyal and selfless people. . . If not completely kind all the time.
History: Bleck. It's optional.
Other: Arya is very clumsy, one reason she chose to fight with daggers instead of a sword. Sister to Aiden. A local.

Name: Aiden Brushtail
Weapon/s: Sword and bow
Appearance: With blue eyes and darker red fur, Aiden doesn't look very much like his sister, especially since he's taller. (The average height for male squirrels. ;)) He also has a scar running down the right side of his face.
Clothes: A brown tunic with a belt like his sister's, and sandals. He keeps his quiver and slung over his back, and his sword sheathed at his left side. Also wears a small brown hat like his sister's.
Personality: Smart, kind, and gentle, Aiden's not much like like his sister personality wise, other than that he also has a short temper. But while Arya goes off like a bomb, Aiden tries to keep it more bottled down. When Aiden has had enough, however, he has had enough, and goes into an all-out rage. Quick to forgive and quicker to apologize.
History: Meh.
Other: Brother to Arya. Local. Never seems to mind people's reactions when they first see him, but he does.
[close]

Gonff's character!
Name: Marshall Scottsworth

Species: Fox

Weapon/s: Axe, Bow, Sgian Dubh

Appearance: He has blue fur, and many scratches and scars from fights and battles he has been in through the years. His tail is also missing, plus the tip of his left ear is gone. He is not the brawniest fox, but quick and cunning due to him being lanky and slim.

Clothes: Wears a raccoon hat with a blue tunic, hood, and black cape. On his back is a quiver and wears two belts: One on his waist and the other on his right leg to hold his Sgain  Dubh. A small loop is provided on the upper belt fot his axe along with other clips for holding bags, other daggers, ect.

Personality: Can be serious and frank when the time arises, but is usually a happy camper and is willing to listen and follow orders from who ever he sees fit to lead. Doesn't like to see conflict start, but sadly is one who will start it.

History: Was born in the Highlands, and traveled South when he grew old enough. Seeing as he had one free spirit, he never fully settled down, but has places to stay at Redwall and Salamandastron. Even before that, the Highlands gave him a way to hone his skills of archery and knife throwing. Many battles and wars have left a deep impact on the fox, making him easily scared and twitchy at times. At night, he still hears the cries of battle and screams of war and smells the scent of freshly drawn blood from his friends and foe. However, he never tells anyone of this and tries to seem as happy and joyous as possible, hiding his trauma from the ones he is around.

Other: Has a slight Scottish accent, but tries to talk like those around him.
[close]

Griffen's character :)
Name: Sawyer/James
Species: Deer Mouse
Weapon/s: None
Appearance: White under belly that fades into a dark tan line on his back. The majority of his tale has been burnt off, and the skin surrounding the area is bald.
Clothes: He wears dark green pants, an old button up shirt (White), and a satchel which carries herbs and a few items needed for herbalism (including a faded leather book passed down from his father's father.)
Personality: [(Sawyer) kind, adventurist, willing to go the extra mile before asked. This young mouses' curiosity often gets the best of him.] [(James) Lacking all sympathy and empathy James will do anything to feel what others feel. Unfortunately this often results in him expressing anger and hate to others in attempts to understand their pain, he has no reserve to whom he hurts... even Sawyer.    
History: When Sawyer was young his Ma' and Pa brought him to a shrink, looking to resolve a constant nightmare problem; since that night he no longer feared his dreams. Not long after, his parents were informed that Sawyer suffered from a split personality disorder. To refrain from blaming him every time he switched and misbehaved the parents began to blame James. After the switch Sawyer became reckless, thrashing around for a few minutes... and the silence. Just being around him made his 'Ma uncomfortable, he would begin to scheme, learn and observe his surroundings... He became James. And if he acted out of line, you could bet his Pa put him back into order. What little help that would do in the end.
Other: >.>         <.<     Yeah... Thought I'd make a different character this time, perhaps I'll have him be a local
[close]

Deli's charrie!
Name: Degloc

Species: Wearet

Age: (Are human years equivalent to seasons?) If so; 39.

Weapon/s: Hand-and-a-Half sword, and a quiver full of Javelins which he is accustomed to throwing.

Appearance: Unkempt, brown fur, he stands head and shoulders above the rest of his horde. He has some
longer head fur which is tied into a ponytail on the top of his head and sticks straight up (not sure what to call that). And yellowish green eyes.

Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed): Wears a raged brown cloak going down to his shins with a belt around the waist. He has a scabbard over his back with the Hand-and-a-Half sword and slung in the opposite direction is his quiver.

Personality: Like all vermin leaders he is cruel. But only if cruelty will get him where he needs to go, even if a hordebeast disobeys him, he will pardon him if it is in his best interests, but if there is no purpose that he sees and he wants to, he will kill without hesitating. He likes a good drink and will laugh heartily with his captains only to massacre them the next morning.

History (Optional, does not have to be twenty million words long. But it must be at LEAST one paragraph.):
Other:
[close]
Faiy's characters!
Name: Elya Nyreenen Savota, Third-Dorar of The Midnighteye

Species: Weasel

Weapon/s: Twin sabers with bone hilts, and a black stone bladed ceremonial dagger with a lapis and pearl encrusted pommel.

Appearance: She has tan fur an off white underbelly and black eyes she is tall for her spices but not taller than most others.

Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed): She wears a white tunic with a blue cloth wrapped around her waist as a skirt, and over her right shoulder like a sash. she wears bracers on her wrists over the ends of her shirt sleeves allowing them to bag slightly. She wears a belt and her twin sabers are worn in a special sheath at her right hip designed to hold them both at the same time. Her dagger is in a sheath at her left hip.

Personality: She is cold and ruthless, she knows you are there before she can see you and she is faster than the blink of an eye. She is deadly, but she is also compassionate to the helpless and the innocent. There is no honer in killing the helpless.

History (Optional, does not have to be twenty million words long. But it must be at LEAST one paragraph.): She lived far across the western sea on a tropical island called Emaris. She was chosen from birth and taken from her family to join the Midnighteye at the decree of the king and to learn the shadow ways. She was trained to fight and to use her minds eye. With years of training and commitment her precision and accuracy became deadly, not only this but she had mastered the sixth sense. On her 13th season her village was ambushed She and the other Dorars where drugged and knocked out. When they awoke they where aboard a huge corsair ship. After they realized they had been captured they committed the ritual suicide but she and another called Daren, a Fourth-Dorar, where reached in time and they prevented them from killing themselves.

They locked her an Daren up in the brig binding them and chaining them to separate walls so they could not harm themselves or each other. They tried many times but they always stopped them. Finally Daren managed to drown himself when he was brought up to the deck. Now Elya was alone. Despite her power and skill she could not escape the drugs they used where to strong.

Over a season passed without her even seeing the captain. When she was finally brought to see him he treated her kindly he introduced himself as Raidon. He promised to free her if she promised not to try and kill herself. She gave her word and she was untied and given the same freedoms as one of his crew. She kept her word for a Dorar's word is stronger than a steal bind and cannot be broken. They were far out to sea so she stayed aboard the ship until she found a suitable place to leave. They stopped at an abandoned island to take on supplies. While she was onshore she contracted a disease. When she returned to the ship she started to feel sick, so sick that she hid in her chambers and would not let anyone see her.

Raidon came to see her despite her protests, he had one of the crew who knew about medicine take a look at her. He told her that she had concocted a rare sickness, he had a medicine that would keep it at bay and make the pain go away but if she stopped taking it it would come back and she would become sick again.

She was alive and well but she was virtually a slave. Raidon let her go where ever she liked but if she did not return and take the medicine she would become sick again. If she disobeyed him he would cut off her supply. She became his finely honed weapon. The most deadly creature aboard the ship and did all of his dirty work. The whole time she trained herself to become even better.

She was on that ship for 6 seasons until one day she killed the captains son in a duel. The captain cut off her medicine supply and thew her over board. She washed up on an island miserable and in pain. An old hedgehog wife found her and took her to her home where she cared for her and nursed her back to health. She explained that Elya was not sick but going through withdrawal symptoms, she had become addicted the drugs that Raidon was giving her. After a lot of time and care she recovered.

The next ship to come around was Degloc's and she joined him and got off the island. However she lied and told him that she was alone on the island, they never found the hog wife that had helped her.

Other:  If it is ok can she be a Horde Captain. She is ambidextrous.

Name: Heather Malty McCuttlely III
Species: Hare
Weapon/s: A spear and , a skilled foot fighter.
Appearance: Tall, mottle sandy brown fur, long ears and laughing brown eyes.
Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed): A smart blue uniform tunic over a white tunic, she goes bare pawed with brown strips of cloth tied around her ankles and bracers above her wrists. She holds her spear in her paw when she has it with her.  
Personality: Out going and a chatter box, loves food like all hares, she has seen some combat but it was just clearing out small bands of vermin never a full fledged horde. She was the granddaughter of a successful general in salamadastron and under his teaching she has become one of the best in her class.
History (Optional, does not have to be twenty million words long. But it must be at LEAST one paragraph.): She always wanted to become a Hare a Salamandastron ever since she was a little levret. Her Grandfather was her teacher and roll model and as soon as she could walk and talk she was begging him to teach her. She cannot remember a time when she was not fighting, she lives and breaths it. This is why she is the best but she lacks combat experience and the wisdom that comes with age.
Other: N/A

Name: Martha
Species: Mouse
Weapon/s: none to speak of
Appearance: She is short with white fur and albino pinkish red eyes a pale pink nose and a longer than average pail pink tail.
Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed): a pail pink dress and gray green shawl with a matching sash. Sometimes she will wear an off white apron over her dress when working or out side
Personality: Sweet, kind and caring. Even though she is going through a lot she still had time to try and comfort others. An even temper. She is very strong despite her own hardships she is till able to keep a strong front. She is innocent and war terrifies her.
History (Optional, does not have to be twenty million words long. But it must be at LEAST one paragraph.): She grew up in a village near Salamandastron she has two younger sisters and a little brother. She had a good life and there was always enough food. Just last season she married a young village mouse named Amuse, two seasons older than her. She became pregnant and soon before the due date Amuse just disappeared and was never seen since. She had the baby and named it Tibben. She took the baby to Salamandastron when she heard of the on coming attack, the fortress would be the safest place to be.    
Other: She is a good healer

[close]
Skarzsles' characters. *Waits to die*
Name: Argunath Ironskin

Species: Cougar

Weapons: Two and a half foot long heavy falcate-hybrid with a dark wood handle, a sling, and anything at paw. He has used teeth and claws when enraged.

Appearance: Exceptionally large creature, Argunath has brown-tinted gray fur all over except for his chest, which is a lighter shade, and his ears, which are a darker shade. His eyes are a gray-blue color, and his face is usually held in a serious expression. He has a long tail like the rest of is species.

Clothes: Argunath wears a chainmail tunic overtop a homespun tunic underneath studded metal armor. He has a side pack full of provisions, such as flint and tinder, food, and medical supplies. On his left side is the leather sheath in which his sword is held.

Personality: He is usually pretty serious, but sometimes, when he is in a good mood, he can be humorous and pleasant.

History: Argunath was always rather restless, even as a child, and often wandered from home, though he returned inevitably. As he grew, his enjoyment of travel stuck with him, and he left home as soon as he was fifteen. He came across Elmeath not too long after, and they became very close, eventually traveling together and helping each other. Argunath was constantly learning and improving through his travels, in fighting, strength, and other things.
 When Argunath was traveling northwards from the far south, he and Elmeath were set upon by a large group of creatures, apparently some sort of superstitious sect that found them to be dangerous and unnatural, and the two cougars were separated, and Elmeath was almost killed. It was then that Argunath discovered his ability to channel his rage and pain into the fuel of mad adrenaline that is referred to as the Bloodwrath. Thankfully Elmeath was not killed, and Argunath was kept from turning into a permanent creature of death. Those of the attackers who did survive ran away screaming "Devilcat", a name that the cougar uses on occasion.
 Recently Argunath came upon the land known as Southsward, and he was told of the land of Mossflower, and is desirous of going there.

Other: He is certain he would change drastically if Elmeath were lost to him, and if it happened, he does not know what would become of those he deems enemy, especially in his berserk state.
 Sometimes it is hard for him to discriminate between friend and foe in the Bloodwrath.

Name: Elmeath of the Valleyborn

Species: Cougar

Weapons: Leather sling, single-edged long knife, and yew bow.

Appearance: Her fur is a more blonde than Argunath's, though the markings are very similar, and her eyes are an amber-gold and seem to smile. Elmeath isn't very tall for her species, but is still a good head and a half taller than the biggest of badgers.

Clothes: Elmeath wears an embroidered tan dress that reaches about halfway down her lower leg, overtop of which is a short cloak and hood of a brown color. Her knife is carried in a wooden sheath on the back of her waist, her sling is tucked in her belt, and she has the bow either in unstrung in her paw or strung on her back.

Personality: Elmeath is rather bubbly and energetic, always pushing Argunath towards one thing or another, though the male cougar always has the final word. She tends to be over-caring. One thing she does hide behind her outgoing demeanor is her keen judging of character, almost with a third eye. Not only is she important to Argunath in love ( Tongue mushy, blechk), but also in helping him in decisions.

History: The female cougar was born in the valley of a large river, her kin earning the name Valleyborn. She was one of two children in her family, an older brother who was already living his own life with his own family, but when she was growing up he was ever her best friend. Her parents taught them to survive, as life wasn't always easy, but she was happy.
 When Argunath happened upon their community, Elmeath could see his restless spirit, but she invited him to stay for a time despite it. She grew close to the other, seeing what she missed of her brother in him and more, and when he described the things he had seen in his time traveling, she made decision to go with him.
 She travelled with him across many lands, and now she is excited to see what awaits them in Mossflower.

Other: She can swim decently and is a good shot with the bow.
[close]
Ashy's characters!

Name: Captain Petyr Daisuki
Species: Japanese Marten
Weapon/s: Naginata, wakizashi, kama.
Appearance: He is extremely scarred, frightening most creatures away. He does not retain use of his left eye, and had it removed years ago. He highlights his scars in battle with paint, making him look fearsome.
Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed): An ?-yoroi.
Spoiler
[close]
He also wears a male kimono from the Medieval Japanese period.
Personality: Fiercely loyal to his master, but very honourable. He views plundering and the like as evil, and never does these things. He carries out all tasks with precision, and views failure as a sin.
History (Optional, does not have to be twenty million words long. But it must be at LEAST one paragraph.): His father was a wealthy samurai whose ship was attacked by pirates, who slew him and his mother. Before his death, his father cast him and his twin sisters into the sea, which led to them being washed up on the beach. He was taken in by a wandering ronin who had travelled from Nihon. He lived with the ronin for one-and-twenty years, after which he and the ronin were attacked by some rogue Juska. The wearat saved him from them, but too late, as the ronin was slain. Petyr took his weapons and armour and joined the ranks of the horde. He rose up in ranks quickly, and is now a Horde Captain.
Other: He was called Petyr due to the group being unable to pronounce his name.

Name: Mia.
Species: Japanese Pine marten.
Weapon/s: A mongol recurve bow, a mongol sword, a naginata.
Appearance: A lean and gaunt creature, with sharp features.
Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed): A fur lined deel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deel_(clothing) . She holds her naginata in her hands and keeps her sword tucked in her sash. She keeps her bow in a leather case at her side.
Personality: She has a sense of humour, but is usually silent.
History: Her parents died at the hands of pirates, when she was but a baby, but she and her brother were cast overboard by their father to save their lives. They washed up on the beach, but Mia crawled off and was caught by slavers who were ambushed and slain by steppe beasts. One of them took pity on her and raised her as one of their own. She lived in the steppes for one-and-twenty years, but left after hearing news of her brother in the horde approaching Salamandastron.
Other: She hates her brother with a passion and wishes to slay him.
[close]

Jukky's characters!
Name: Lora Cass
Weapon/s: A sling with a pouch of many smooth, small stones.

Appearance: Lora is very thin, with off-white fur.  Her tail is also rather thin and straggly.  She has steel blue eyes which look very large in her thin face, and she has a few scars.  Basically, if you saw her for the first time, you might be a tiny bit unnerved.

Clothes: Lora wears a light green tunic, somewhat beat up, but still in good condition, with a brown belt and a short gray cloak. Her sling is wrapped around her belt, and her stone pouch is attached to the belt at her left hip.

Personality: Lora is rather quiet and a bit mysterious.  She's the type who listens and observes, then makes her move. She isn't one to laugh at jokes or crack them; she doesn't befriend anyone; she lives life by her own rules and doesn't expect anyone to go out of their way for her either.  Lora is not evil, and in fact would help anyone good if given the chance, but she won't hesitate to kill any vermin who harasses her, and even the ones who don't.

History: Seasons before, Lora Cass had been a beautiful squirrelmaid with a handsome mate and adorable little son.  She and her family had lived happily further south.  Then, one day, her idyllic world began to crumble when her husband died of illness.  Not a month later a marauding band of vermin came through and attacked her and her son; she resisted bravely, but they overpowered her and struck her head on a rock.  Through a daze, she watched as they brutally killed her little boy in front of her and then set her home ablaze.  At the whim of the leader, they decided it would be more malicious to keep her alive instead of slaying her as well.  Tying her up, they dragged her off.  She became their slave and sport for the next season, forced to do everything they told her to and beaten cruelly for the slightest infraction (and even when she did things right).  One night, they tied her to a tree as usual, set a guard, and went to sleep almost immediately (they'd drunk a little more than average).  Lora watched and waited and soon saw that the guard was falling asleep.  She began loosening the ropes that bound her.  It took hours, but she finally slipped out of them, slew her captors, and ran. She was never quite right after the blow to the head, and she withdrew further into herself, wandering north for several seasons before settling near Salamandastron.

Other: From time to time, she suddenly will have a brief glimpse of the future, or the future that could happen if events continue on their current course. People don't always believe her, but it's the truth.  And she has no control of her ability; it just happens when it wants to.

Also, the memories of her past life are rather distant to her, almost as if they happened to someone else, so they don't cause her much pain (though she knows factually that they are her memories).  And she doesn't think of her past often.

Name: Bridget
Weapon/s: N/A
Appearance: Bridget's fur is a light brown, with darker eartips.  She has green eyes, is of average height, and is reasonably pretty, but her nose is buried in a book so much that there's not many males who notice.  She has a small scar on the palm of her left paw from accidentally cutting herself on a rock when she was young.

Clothes: She doesn't really care what she wears as long as it's clean.  Usually it's a lavender tunic that a kindly old harewife made for her.

Personality: Bridget is, to put it simply, a nerd.  She wears small rectangular glasses and has read most of the lore books available.  She is definitely not a pacifist (she agrees that war is a necessary evil and would do anything to help her fellow hares with it), but she knows barely anything about fighting besides stuff she's read from books (which is a lot) and heard about from fellow hares.  She just doesn't have an interest in actually learning any fighting skills for real.  Bridget's not antisocial; in fact, she'll talk for hours if you let her about history, chemistry, etc.  But it's true that if she had the choice, she'd stay in her room reading all the time.

History: Until the age of nine, Bridget lived in the Highlands.  From a young age, she exhibited remarkable talent in reading and comprehension and soon exhausted her family's limited supply of books.  Sadly, when she was eight, her parents succumbed to a fever, leaving her to live alone with her uncle.  However, seeing that they were in near-complete isolation, he made the decision a season later to move south to Salamandastron (also, he'd privately entertained a dream all his life of joining the Long Patrol).  Bridget didn't share his dream, but they lived there happily until one day he fell prey to the sickness sweeping through Salamandastron.  That was nearly two seasons ago, and she's mostly gotten over her grief.

Other: She speaks with a much-softened Highland accent, a testament to her upbringing in the North.
[close]

Sandy's!
First fella,

Name: Shirrea Denary Blackthorn/ Preferred Title, Major Blackthorn
Weapon/s: A long swagger stick, Lance, he is also skilled with the hare longbow.
Appearance: A tall slightly potbellied officer, Major Blackthorn is a military professional and keeps his appearance just as expertly maintained, with neatly trimmed mustache, shinning white teeth, and dark brown eyes. His fur is the normal sandy brown with silver gray showing. His physic is not what it once was but the old hare has kept most of his old strength and speed. He has developed a slight cough.
Clothes: A dark blue regimental jacket neatly pressed and creased with racks of ribbons and medals. A matching lighter blue under-tunic with an ornamental black belt. He doesn't carry lance nor bow at all times but carries his swagger stick under his left arm.
Personality: A professional, vain, precise, traditional, brave, old hare there never has been. Major Blackthorn has a strong belief in doing things as they have always been done, following the book to the letter as some would say. He is uptight and brooks no nonsense and never jokes, (Some of the younger hares claim he has never laughed and only smiles when things are done correctly)
History: His life has been that of a Long Patrol hare, he ran, fought, and blead with them rushing through the ranks at astonishing speeds. During the disease he had already ceased his running with the patrol and became the official officer in command of training the new recruits. He survived a light attack by the deadly virus but retained a cough.
Other: Major Blackthorn's sense of honor is not as strong as his sense of professionalism. (Meaning he will not perform a suicide charge if it gains nothing for the Long Patrols end goal) He thinks on a larger scale and will perform for the greater good.

Second Fella,

Name: Sven
Species: Rat
Weapon/s: Long Scimitar, Recurve Bow with a quiver of seabird fletched arrows.
Appearance: A hefty long-tailed rodent with a permanent sneer pasted on his face. Sven has black-brown fur and yellow eyes. He is much taller than the other rats and some of the other vermin. He is covered in scars and poorly drawn tattoos and has the look of a former searat.
Clothes: A torn and stained brown tunic with strips of cloth wrapped around his paws and hindpaws. The tunic is bedecked with small pieces of brightly colored silk and other such decorations. Wrapped around his chest is a bright red sash where his Scimitar is thrust. Across his back is a quiver where both bow and arrows are kept, the quiver is decorated the same as his tunic. Around his head is a headband of the same cloth as his sash, pushed inside the headband is a small black gull feather.
Personality: Sven is a greedy and selfish creature devoted to one thing... Himself. He is not overly cruel or really caring about what happens as long as it benefits him. A thousand creatures could die and a landside to wipe away half the earth and Sven wouldn't care, as long as he got something to eat. However he is ambitious and often likes to show himself as more important and better than those around him.
History: A general vermin story, born, abused, mistreated, He ran away from his family with blood on his paws and joined a pirate crew. He moved though a few different crews before joining up with the horde.
Other: Is it alright if Sven is a High Private (Though I think the rank is Corporal)
[close]
Oops, my bad. :P Didn't know it was Corporal. Oh well.

The Lady Amber's character!
Name: Arrin
Weapon/s: Bow and arrows, a dagger
Appearance: Brown fur, blue eyes
Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed): Blue tunic, with a brown belt with a sheath attached for his dagger. He keeps his quiver on his back along with his bow.
Personality: Brave, rather bold, over-confident, adventurous and mischievous.
History (Optional, does not have to be twenty million words long. But it must be at LEAST one paragraph.): Orphaned as a baby, he was adopted and raised by a squirrel couple, until, at 15, he went off on his own to have adventures.
Other: He's quite a good shot with his bow.
[close]
[close]

rrrrr

rrrrr.....

Ho arr, mateys, swimming is fun!

I had shrimp 'n' hotroot soup today.

Dannflower Reguba

I'll probably join, but I don't have time to do a full application.

Name: Veiro Runnar

Species: Grey Squiddel

Weapon/s: A pair of Tomahawks, small metal shards... Though he can pick up and use many others, mostly including a variety of unusual weapons.

Appearance: His fur is as dark as midnight, though his underbelly and other naturally discolored areas are the same yellow-brown hue. He's a grey squirrel, and has inherited their larger body size, though the excess has gone more towards tone than bulk. He's very sharp in appearance, neat and orderly.

Clothes: He wears a Salamandastronian/Southswardian cross uniform. The entire ensemble is a mix of forest green, white, and black trim. It consists of a thin shirt, military jacket, and trousers. His Tomahawks are generally crossed just above his waist behind his back, and the shards are in his a small pouches on either side of his belt. Though the various other weapons he may carry from time to time go wherever he sees fit then. He also wears a fingerless pair of grey-brown hardwood bark-plated gloves, something he made to level the playing field between the boxing Hare style and weapon wielding opponents. His boots are thin but tough, and black in color.

Personality: Veiro holds virtues and disciplines such as honesty, honor, respect, etc. in very high regard and importance. He likes to make sure things run smoothly, though not adverse to having a little fun every once in awhile. He enjoys the company of others, and even possesses an occasionally rowdy character. That said, he can also be deadly serious, another type of trait he's picked up from the Long Patrol. He's adopted an old shrew proverb and takes it quite seriously, "A dead enemy, ain't an enemy no more." He does not tolerate, he acts.

History: Veiro spent his childhood in Southsward, trained to be one of the royal guard. Nothing particularly special happened to him, peace was prevalent in the land around, which made training seem pointless. He heard about Salamandastron, the Badger Lords, and the Hares that served them. The legends he heard about the Long Patrol and their deeds intrigued the young squirrel, and he promptly discharged himself (politely of course) in order to make a journey to the mountain.

After arriving, and explaining just why it was he came, Veiro was able to make friends with several of the Patrol. He stayed with them, ran with them, fought & trained with them. He faced real foes for the first time, overcame obstacles that would've been avoided at home, and learned what it meant to stare death in the face. Since then, he's traveled between both the mountain and his homeland, and even made a handful of trips to Redwall.

When the sickness came through, Veiro was fortunate enough to be in Southsward, across the desert and away from the virus. Now, he travels to the mountain once again, bringing a small group of young beasts who show promise... Though the squirrel's instinct has already told him that something isn't right.

Other: Veiro couldn't help but notice that experienced Runners in the Long Patrol utilized their ears nearly as much, and sometimes even more than their eyes. He's spent years learning their tricks, and has also sharpened his sense of smell as a sort of experiment. Having grown up around a lot of the otter guard in Southsward, he's gained a knack for swimming most squirrels lack. Despite his appearance, Veiro is a descendant of tribal squirrels, and his fighting style still sometimes carries the completely brutal intentions of his ancestors.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Quote from: rrrrr on July 16, 2015, 11:35:41 PM
Can they be from Green Isle?

Awesome thought! Yes, a few otters may be from Green Isle. :) (We'll just say that they had a really good wind at ther backs both ways)

Quote from: danflorreguba on July 17, 2015, 01:21:53 AM
       I'll probably join, but I don't have time to do a full application.

Name:
Species: Grey Squiddel
Weapon/s:
Appearance: His fur is as dark as midnight, though his underbelly and other naturally discolored areas are the same yellow-brown hue.
Clothes:
Personality:
History:
Other:

Danny, you're awesome!

Faiyloe

You could say that the otters from green isle arrived several weeks prior to this problem and just by luck where there at this time. Oh and I might join, I first want to see who else joins.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Gonff the Mousethief

This sounds great Cornflower! I'll get my character up as soon as possible! One thing: Can I use Marshall?
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Faiyloe on July 17, 2015, 03:09:50 AM
You could say that the otters from green isle arrived several weeks prior to this problem and just by luck where there at this time. Oh and I might join, I first wan't to see who else joins.

Awesome idea, Faiy, thanks. :) Okay, I get what you mean. ;)

Quote from: Gonff the Mousethief on July 17, 2015, 03:14:28 AM
This sounds great Cornflower! I'll get my character up as soon as possible! One thing: Can I use Marshall?

Sure, you can use Marshall. (I can't imagine you without him, honestly.)

Gonff the Mousethief

Sounds good! Yes, I have tried many other characters but they never seem to have the same feel he does.

Name: Marshall Scottsworth

Species: Fox

Weapon/s: Axe, Bow, Sgian Dubh

Appearance: He has blue fur, and many scratches and scars from fights and battles he has been in through the years. His tail is also missing, plus the tip of his left ear is gone. He is not the brawniest fox, but quick and cunning due to him being lanky and slim.

Clothes: Wears a raccoon hat with a blue tunic, hood, and black cape. On his back is a quiver and wears two belts: One on his waist and the other on his right leg to hold his Sgain  Dubh. A small loop is provided on the upper belt fot his axe along with other clips for holding bags, other daggers, ect.

Personality: Can be serious and frank when the time arises, but is usually a happy camper and is willing to listen and follow orders from who ever he sees fit to lead. Doesn't like to see conflict start, but sadly is one who will start it.

History: Was born in the Highlands, and traveled South when he grew old enough. Seeing as he had one free spirit, he never fully settled down, but has places to stay at Redwall and Salamandastron. Even before that, the Highlands gave him a way to hone his skills of archery and knife throwing. Many battles and wars have left a deep impact on the fox, making him easily scared and twitchy at times. At night, he still hears the cries of battle and screams of war and smells the scent of freshly drawn blood from his friends and foe. However, he never tells anyone of this and tries to seem as happy and joyous as possible, hiding his trauma from the ones he is around.

Other: Has a slight Scottish accent, but tries to talk like those around him.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

rrrrr

I'll fill this in gradually. I'll wait for someone else who's also from Green Isle so we can have similar stuff for History because we sailed the same ship here.

Name: Rade Galedeep
Species: Otter
Weapon/s: Bow and arrow, and a sling with a sling pouch of sharp stones from Green Isle
Appearance: Medium height, strong build, only scar he has is on his right shoulder, usually smiles always.
Clothes (Kindly include where the weapons are stashed): Bow and arrow is in the usual spot, sling and sling pouch is attached to his belt
Personality: Optimistic, kind to woodlanders, but really savage with vermin.
History:
Other:
rrrrr.....

Skyblade

Oh, hey, a cool RP. I think I'm going to join after looking at it for a few seconds ;)

Do you mind if I play the badger? I'm an active member and I enjoy being on top of RPs.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

rrrrr

OOps I double posted :( Sorry (I pressed quote, not modify)

This is very cool, hope it works :)
rrrrr.....

Cornflower MM

@Gonff: Accepted! Looks great. :)

@Bladey: Sure, you can the badger, I think you're active enough. ;D

@R: Okay, cool. :) Take your time. It's looking good!

EDIT: Hey, guys, guess what I forgot on the character sheet? ;) You guessed it - Age! So, I'm going to edit the character sheet, and if y'all would out it on your started ones, that would be wonderful!

EDDIT EDIT: A thought just hit me. Why teh heck do I always forget SOMETHING on the character sheet? :P Gonff, I'll put Marshall on the list when you post his age.

Gonff the Mousethief

The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Cornflower MM

Griffen

Haven't been on for a while, if you do happen to accept me make sure you let me know if I'm not following along as wished 

Name: Sawyer/James
Species: Deer Mouse
Weapon/s: None
Appearance: White under belly that fades into a dark tan line on his back. The majority of his tale has been burnt off, and the skin surrounding the area is bald.
Clothes: He wears dark green pants, an old button up shirt (White), and a satchel which carries herbs and a few items needed for herbalism (including a faded leather book passed down from his father's father.)
Personality: [(Sawyer) kind, adventurist, willing to go the extra mile before asked. This young mouses' curiosity often gets the best of him.] [(James) Lacking all sympathy and empathy James will do anything to feel what others feel. Unfortunately this often results in him expressing anger and hate to others in attempts to understand their pain, he has no reserve to whom he hurts... even Sawyer.     
History: When Sawyer was young his Ma' and Pa brought him to a shrink, looking to resolve a constant nightmare problem; since that night he no longer feared his dreams. Not long after, his parents were informed that Sawyer suffered from a split personality disorder. To refrain from blaming him every time he switched and misbehaved the parents began to blame James. After the switch Sawyer became reckless, thrashing around for a few minutes... and the silence. Just being around him made his 'Ma uncomfortable, he would begin to scheme, learn and observe his surroundings... He became James. And if he acted out of line, you could bet his Pa put him back into order. What little help that would do in the end.
Other: >.>         <.<     Yeah... Thought I'd make a different character this time, perhaps I'll have him be a local