News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Adding Fan Fictions to the Directory

Started by Captain Tammo, October 30, 2015, 03:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

With my newfound "Mod Powers", I'll be going through and updating the fanfiction directory at people's requests!

All new fanfictions ("new" meaning that they began after February 1, 2017) will be added automatically by me.

Even if your fan fiction is a work in progress, you may submit it to the directory.

If your fanfiction is not in the directory and you would like it to be, please follow the instructions below...

how to put your fanfiction in the directory

Step 1: Check if your fanfiction is already in the directory. If so, you're already done!

Step 2: If step 1 does not apply, fill out this info and leave it as a comment:

Fanfiction title

Author (meaning it may not be you)

Word count (if not complete, please state "not yet complete")

Brief, 1-2 sentence summary of your story

Tags for your work (find out more about these here)

Is there a separate discussion topic for this story? [yes]  [no]
[close]
If you have any questions/comments/concerns, ask away! :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jukka the Sling

Just a suggestion: maybe you should add a place in the form for indicating whether or not the fic is a work in-progress or complete, as that's one of the main ways the Directory is categorized.

Title: Strangers at Redwall  (And yes, it's still incomplete.)

Author: Jukka the Sling

Summary: Fourteen forum members are catapulted into a strange Redwallverse where not everything is as it seems.  With no idea of how or why they got there, they must rely on a mysterious poem which sends them on a possibly-perilous quest.  But will they all get out alive?

Tags: [SILLYFIC] [HUMOR] [INSERT] [MYSTERY]  And possibly [AU] and maybe [ADVENTURE].  I feel like I'm adding way too many tags. :P

No, there isn't a discussion topic.

Thanks! :)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

Wow, this is truly a great idea! I like it. Good of you to use your moderator powers (;D) to do something thoughtful.

I personally think this topic should be pinned.

My fanfic (a WIP, and most likely going to be re-written in some time
Title: Fire Mountain: A Redwall version of Pompeii

Author: Skyblade

Summary: When two young hares start misbehaving, the Badger lord of Salamandastron sits them down and tells them a tale of long ago. A story of a seemingly typical hedgehog, a town, a badger wanderer, and a mountain.

Tags: [SAD][GRIM][DRAMA]

No discussion topic
[close]

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Skyblade on October 30, 2015, 11:53:13 PM
Wow, this is truly a great idea! I like it. Good of you to use your moderator powers (;D) to do something thoughtful.

I personally think this topic should be pinned.

Thank you! Still getting the hang of this, but I am looking to do just that! I'm talking to some others about working the whole pin/unpin thing out.

I'll go ahead and add both of your fan fiction and Jukka's fan fiction now! :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

MathLuk

Title: End of An Era: Umbral
Author: Math Luk (and some parts by Jade TeaLeaf)
Word Count: 5418
Summary: Half of the ending to a tale long faded - the chains that bound us now broken. As Keetch's journey reaches its end, he only has a mere one shot to make things right, with only the mysterious Vulpuz to guide his way. Contains material that I do not own.
Tag: [Adventure]
Any discussion topic? No.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Captain Tammo

Jack the Quick

Name: Kingkiller (Incomplete)
Author: Jack the Quick
Summary: A far-off summary to Black and White, the story of Hares and Woodlanders against unknown sea vermin.
Tags: [Adventure] [Action]
What do you mean when you say discussion topic?
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Captain Tammo

@Jack the Quick done!

Quote from: Jack the Quick on June 25, 2019, 03:14:18 AM
What do you mean when you say discussion topic?

Some people who post here make separate topics for story discussion. It's a way of keeping comments separate from the story thread which might have spoilers and all that. It's not mandatory you make one - really just for preference. I personally like seeing comments and the story in the same thread. If you made a separate topic for discussing the story, then you can mention it here and I'll include the link to the topic in the directory entry.

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

You will have to copy the entire story to the forum first.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: MathLuk on July 10, 2019, 11:10:09 AM
You will have to copy the entire story to the forum first.
Hmm... Okay. (I feel like I'd want to finish it and edit it first though...)
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Jack the Quick

Thanks Tammo!
No, there is no discussion thread.
'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Shy-Guy

Fanfiction title: Successors

Author: Shy-Guy

Word count: Not Complete

Summary: A young rat named Greeneye and his fox friend Silvertongue arrive at the Abbey of Redwall, fleeing from the warlord Ironpaw and his deadly vermin corsairs. Abbess Faith accepts them in, but life at the Abbey isn't as great as it seems, and it only gets worse when Ironpaw arrives at Redwall with his army, and demands they give up the two vermin. As tensions flare and battles rage, Abess Faith suspects that Greeneye isn't who he says he is. A young mouse named Amethyst decides to investigate, and what she discovers about Greeneyes' past will shock the abbey to its core, and redefine what the Redwallers thought they knew about vermin.

Tags: [SUCCESSORS] [SHY-GUY] [ADVENTURE] [DRAMA]

Is there a separate discussion topic for this story?: No.
Wahaoo Haoo! (That's Shy Guy for: 'You're Awesome!')